2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Jesse, Those are the same Polks that Liam Neeson uses in his Home theater!!!

Neat-o :)

Well, it seems that I've been thrown into the world of HT. I need to find a CSi A6 in cherry to match my fronts, a pair of FXi A6's for the rears and I'll be set.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2010
    F1nut wrote: »

Well, it seems that I've been thrown into the world of HT. I need to find a CSi A6 in cherry to match my fronts, a pair of FXi A6's for the rears and I'll be set.

Just saw this :eek:

Getting into HT? Damn, wonder what sub you're going to pair that setup with :D
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2010
    I may get one of those too, but maybe not. As most here know, I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher, but I have been using my 4.1TL's in a 2.0 set up with the TV. So, I hook up the RTi A7's and damn, things are rumbling and going boom....kinda cool. I'm sure a sub would do it better, but this isn't bad.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2010
    I may get one of those too, but maybe not. As most here know, I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher, but I have been using my 4.1TL's in a 2.0 set up with the TV. So, I hook up the RTi A7's and damn, things are rumbling and going boom....kinda cool. I'm sure a sub would do it better, but this isn't bad.

Heh, I kind of assumed you weren't much of a tv/movie person.

Seeing some of your gear/work/reviews (on other great gear) was specifically on components geared torwards 2-channel and never HT (that I can recall).

Never heard a pair of RTiA7's outside of a big box store so I can only imagine how they'd sound properly setup and properly amplified.

Enough derailing from me, can't wait til there's a Polkfest out here on the west coast or at least not so far from! :p
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2010
    (see if I get the details right or not..)
    ...so this dude walks in the front door early on in the festivities on Friday, a few Polkies around the entryway/family rm. there stop yapping while he introduces himself, "Hi I'm Devin".
    Then Lou says with a concerned questioning glance at Devin, "Who? Who the hell(?) are you?" Devin replies, "Devani" and offers his hand to shake. Then after a slight pause Lou and everybody else started laughing and Lou said, "Oh Devani, Welcome, Come on in....". That was some funny chit right there:D:D. he he, eh I guess you had to be there :o

I think I got that right, somebody correct me my recall was off. That would have been classic if caught on video.
    :cool:

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2010
    Either that or it was Jstas saying "FU" and that he wasn't going to lose his lunch :p

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited October 2010

Sounds to me like you're taking a step backwards there Jesse!!!! :D Beware though...it will start to draw you in & then you're hooked. I can see it now, dual subs, BD player, 3D TV. I gotta stop now, I'm starting to pee my pants I'm laughing so hard. Jesse coming over to the dark side folks!!! Yikes. :eek:
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2010
    Well, it seems that I've been thrown into the world of HT.

You will love it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2010
    he,he,, sig material here,,Jesse,,with more than a L&R-- blasphemy ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2010

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Becoming more liberal ay!!!:eek::D:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2010
    Sounds to me like you're taking a step backwards there Jesse!!!! :D Beware though...it will start to draw you in & then you're hooked. I can see it now, dual subs, BD player, 3D TV. I gotta stop now, I'm starting to pee my pants I'm laughing so hard. Jesse coming over to the dark side folks!!! Yikes. :eek:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Payback!!! Pot, kettle, black!:p
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2010
    Next thing Jesse will have High Speed Internet. Love it.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2010
    Will it's been a bad year for me, and again sorry I missed this PF10. I like all you guys and I missed you all of you's.

Things are getting better divorce is almost done, I got the house yeah yeah... Even got a new woman in my life.. YEAH YEAH.... I even kicking around the idea to host the PF11...

Would Orlando Florida work?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    edited October 2010
    janmike wrote: »
    Next thing Jesse will have High Speed Internet. Love it.

Yeah okay . . . when your neck of the woods turns tropical that will happen!:D:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2010
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Will it's been a bad year for me, and again sorry I missed this PF10. I like all you guys and I missed you all of you's.

Things are getting better divorce is almost done, I got the house yeah yeah... Even got a new woman in my life.. YEAH YEAH.... I even kicking around the idea to host the PF11...

Good for you Steve!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2010

So sorry you had a rough year Steve but glad to see things are looking up. I am up for a PF in FL.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2010
    Steve, good to hear things are starting to look better.

Orlando? Hell yeah!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • F1nut
    edited October 2010
    Sounds to me like you're taking a step backwards there Jesse!!!!

Nothing like that. This will be a completely different rig in a dedicated HT room.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited October 2010

One of the **** star girls? Good on ya.

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    LOL would you like to see that pool?

I'm considering doing a led pool lights so I can have a light show....

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    So I know it's audio but... Why not have a pool light show? Some of you guy's know this pool is beautiful.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2010
    So your not only a highly trained audio technician but a light engineer as well............you awesome little geek....

Orlando works for me and you been to what 5 different fests.....

The Tastefull Babes Light and Audio show ala the Diz.

RT1

LOL would you like to see that pool?

I'm considering doing a led pool lights so I can have a light show....
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited October 2010
    I wouldnt mind Orlando, or Troy's as he seems to be chomping at the bit to have it too.

rochambeau for it boys..lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2010
    Well, honestly, PF in Charleston is ALWAYS an option. As long as I got a place to live, PF has a home. That said, I don't want to be greedy.....

I dunno about Florida....I don't want to get shitfaced and then wind up on the the credits of a Bang Bus episode. ;)

I think Chez Abernathy is a GREAT idea....his place is IDEAL for a PF.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    I dunno about Florida....

BDT

Huh why?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2010
    I would support Diz or Russ. Both places have something to offer as far as location. There are activities for families if someone wants to come early or stay after, great time of the year, each place is easy access. It was nice to go to Lou's as a host and it was a really great Fest, but then he has been to all the Fests and knew the playbook. I have always thought that the PolkFest Host should be someone who has supported them with their attendance at other members. Diz has stepped up. For those that dont know, these member house PolkFests are put on by the Host and member friends who donate.

Since we are headed back North or close to the Northeast the following year either of these locations are cool. Russ has been to each Fest and he is cute, Diz to nearly all of them and he is cuddly. Both are solid members. Either way a great party and time.

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    Thank you Ted, you know what this house is all about, and I'm sure I could host a very sweet PF also.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2010
    I'll be at either place, cause they both sound like a good idea. But we were discussing it and kind of came to a general consensus that we would like to see it in the Midwest next year. It's kind of been locked up on the East Coast the past few years, it would make it more accessible for the left Coasties...
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2010
    Steve sounds like he is ready, willing and able to host one, take the ball and run with it.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2010
    Huh why?

DJ, I'm just hacking on you, broham.....I have NO issues with going to Florida!

Well, I think it's stayed East Coast because that's where people have volunteered to have it. If someone is passionate about having it in the midwest...by all means, pick up the ball and run with it.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut