San Diego and L.A

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,862
I am 95% sure I will be in San Diego from the 5th April to the 7th then in L.A from the 7th to the 10th. My wife is there on business and I'm there to play.
In SD I would be free on the 6th from 9am to about 3pm and on the 8th the same times but in L.A. If anyone would like to meet up.
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited March 2010
    When you are in Los Angeles
    please tune in to http://www.thesoundla.com/
    especially on Sunday

Peace, Love & Sunday Mornings - KSWD 100.3 The Sound

http://www.thesoundla.com/?nid=41&sid=304

......it is my little sister's radio show......

thanks !
  • Willow
    edited March 2010
    jvc wrote: »
    When you are in Los Angeles
    please tune in to http://www.thesoundla.com/
    especially on Sunday

Peace, Love & Sunday Mornings - KSWD 100.3 The Sound

http://www.thesoundla.com/?nid=41&sid=304

......it is my little sister's radio show......

thanks !

We fly from San Diego on the 7th arrive around 2pm @ LAX then have to cab to Westwood to the Palomar Hotel. We will be there till Sat morning
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited March 2010
    Week of April 5 is spring break for the grade schools and I'm actually *leaving* San Diego w/ the boys and wife for a get away. :D

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Willow
    edited March 2010
    Where should we go and eat? for a nice dinner. We are staying at Solamar, @ 6th and J. Any recommendations ?
  • Erik Tracy
    edited March 2010
    Willow wrote: »
    Where should we go and eat? for a nice dinner. We are staying at Solamar, @ 6th and J. Any recommendations ?

Fish Market on the waterfront:
    http://www.thefishmarket.com/locations.aspx?id=6

And you are practically in the Gas Lamp district - LOTS of good places to eat - depends on what you fancy or want to try!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Huck344
    Huck344 Posts: 453
    edited March 2010
    Willow - Since you are staying in Westwood when you are in LA, I'd recommend you go eat at the Stinking Rose on La Cienega just north of Wilshire (http://www.thestinkingrose.com/) All dishes are garlic based. It's one of my favorite restaurants. They have a good bar as well. . . BUT, avoid the garlic ice cream.
  • Willow
    edited March 2010
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Fish Market on the waterfront:
    http://www.thefishmarket.com/locations.aspx?id=6

And you are practically in the Gas Lamp district - LOTS of good places to eat - depends on what you fancy or want to try!
    Huck344 wrote: »
    Willow - Since you are staying in Westwood when you are in LA, I'd recommend you go eat at the Stinking Rose on La Cienega just north of Wilshire (http://www.thestinkingrose.com/) All dishes are garlic based. It's one of my favorite restaurants. They have a good bar as well. . . BUT, avoid the garlic ice cream.

Thank you to both, I will mention them to my wife.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited March 2010
    Willow,
    I'm in Escondido (north SD county) and might be free on the 6th. I can check with my wife to make sure.

doug
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • DeusExa
    DeusExa Posts: 491
    edited March 2010
  • Willow
    edited March 2010
    DeusExa wrote: »
    Where in LA?

Westwood/ Beverlyhills
  • Willow
    edited March 2010
    dpowell wrote: »
    Willow,
    I'm in Escondido (north SD county) and might be free on the 6th. I can check with my wife to make sure.

doug

Hey Doug,

Sure, it doesn't have to be for long maybe a drink or two..

JF
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited March 2010
    Willow, I'd love to meet up if I can, if only for coffee or beer (or a glass of wine) but I'm really not sure yet. Will you have a GPS unit with you (I wouldn't want to have you going anywhere tricky without one)?
    Alea jacta est!
  • dpowell
    edited March 2010
    JF,
    That sounds good. You're also welcome to come by and have a listen to the rigs if you'd like. I'm available any time after 10am on the 6th.

doug
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited March 2010
  • Erik Tracy
    edited March 2010
    And if you like a big selection of draft beer and good grub then the Yardhouse is close by as well:
    http://www.yardhouse.com/location.asp?id=8

Mmmm....beer beer.gif

• Willow
    edited March 2010
    Kex wrote: »
    Willow, I'd love to meet up if I can, if only for coffee or beer (or a glass of wine) but I'm really not sure yet. Will you have a GPS unit with you (I wouldn't want to have you going anywhere tricky without one)?

I will have my bb and my iPod touch. So I should be able to find my way
  • Willow
    edited March 2010
    dpowell wrote: »
    JF,
    That sounds good. You're also welcome to come by and have a listen to the rigs if you'd like. I'm available any time after 10am on the 6th.

doug

I am game for that as well! It would be fun.
  • DeusExa
    edited March 2010
    Maybe I should consider UCSD or UCLA now, instead of Berkeley...then again, I'm still waiting.
  • Erik Tracy
    edited March 2010
    Maybe I should consider UCSD or UCLA now, instead of Berkeley...then again, I'm still waiting.

I graduated from UCSD with a BSEE (1984)- good engineering program.

It's different nowadays, but still ranks strongly - if you've been following the news there's been quite a flap over some 'racial' issues.

Beautiful campus, close to the beach & surf - and you can't beat the SD weather! :D

• kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited March 2010

All of the ones you mentioned are good schools. Like ErikTracy said, you can't beat the UCSD weather, very close to the beach.
  • DeusExa
    edited March 2010
    I've been accepted to those, but still waiting on several other schools. Want to focus on CS, or perhaps management science or economics. SD and LA are good schools (SD being in the biotech corridor, and LA, well, in LA), but were I to go to a UC it'd probably be the top-ranked Berkeley, as the Bay Area is pretty much the mecca of technology. And it's not too close to home =0.

Btw, Doug, have you been to Bistro 221 in Escondido? I was there several years ago per an invite to the San Diego Symphony (dad's colleague's soprano daughter had a performance there). It's a great Italian place with a wonderful atmosphere and ambiance. Ample wine list too, from what I remember, although I wasn't exactly led near it...
  • dpowell
    edited March 2010
    Nope, never eaten there but I'll remember that the next time I take the wife out on a date. There are a lot of good but obscure places to eat around here.
  • Willow
    edited April 2010
    Doug, I will give you a call once in san diego. We arrive 2pm local time.
  • dpowell
    edited April 2010
    Sounds good. My boss has scheduled a meeting that I cannot change on Tuesday from 1 to 4pm so we may just end up doing lunch down in San Diego if that's OK with you.