Study finds women attacted to men with Hot CARS!!!

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
edited March 2010 in The Clubhouse
Go figure... I didn't need a study to tell me this one.:rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/5042640/Women-more-attracted-to-men-in-expensive-cars.html
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2010
    I love this line...

"Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited March 2010
    MrNightly wrote: »
    I love this line...

"Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."

Haha...I think that's going into my sig from now on!
    MrNightly wrote: »
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2010
    Next newsflash - "Guys percieved as weathly have more sex.... Highlights at 11"
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited March 2010
    I remember my first car in 1966, 2 door '66 Chevelle Sport with a 396, 375 horse 4-speed with bench front seat. Chick magnet for sure and nothing has changed.

Bill
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited March 2010
    dang.....and all this time I thought it was having a great stereo TUBE system !
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2010
    Nothing new here. Girls have been attracted to guys with hot cars since forever. It's funny the are doing studies.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2010
    i hate gold-diggers but i sure love to look at them.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    i hate gold-diggers but i sure love to look at them.

LOL:D

That's signature material right there!:cool::p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hillbilly61
    Hillbilly61 Posts: 702
    edited March 2010
    Nothing new there. Women, like men, are attracted to lots of things.

The question for the guys is which type of woman that you want to form a legal partnership that lasts for life on the basis of mutual trust and love?

A more difficult question....
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2010
    love and trust in this day and age? it's a dying notion, my friend. the only bit of it left i see are in older couples...say, in their 80's. c'mon hillbilly, you livin' in the matrix or something?:D

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Hillbilly61
    Hillbilly61 Posts: 702
    edited March 2010
    That is how my relationship is. Not sure about anyone else here, but I feel very secure with the vulnerabilities & secrets that I must yield in the maintenance of my relationship with, Dawn, my spouse. We are a team for life. Literally.

If I am literally in the "Matrix," then hell, I am happy to remain there as being a battery ... provided that she is there with me by my side. :D;)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2010
    That is how my relationship is. Not sure about anyone else here, but I feel very secure with the vulnerabilities & secrets that I must yield in the maintenance of my relationship with, Dawn, my spouse. We are a team for life. Literally.

If I am literally in the "Matrix," then hell, I am happy to remain there as being a battery. :D;)

Respect, love and trust is the foundation of my marriage as well. Glad to see that someone else knows the secret as well. Congrats!:)

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited March 2010
    ... I didn't need a study to tell me this one.:rolleyes:
    [/url]

Please send me $15,000,000 for the follow-up study: Men with hot cars attracted to women attracted to men with hot cars.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, but I already submitted for my $2.5 million gov grant for a study to confirm that men tend to prefer women with big ****. I'm accepting interns to do the research, but it will cost you $15,000 each.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2010
    dkg999 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I already submitted for my $2.5 million gov grant for a study to confirm that men tend to prefer women with big ****. I'm accepting interns to do the research, but it will cost you $15,000 each.

Sign me up please....
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited March 2010
    "Study finds women attacted to men with Hot CARS!!"

That's why, when I bought my Neon, I held out for the SXT model.

:eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2010
    Well let's be HONEST....women are NOT attracted to men with 'fast cars'. Fast cars REPRESENT MEN WHO HAVE MONEY! WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO MONEY!

Study is WRONG! When you see that bald-headed 50 something fellow in the Porsche convertible with the top down, his comeover flying off the side of his head, with his puffy sagging face, and the spare tire around his waste..

That young women with him, who IS NOT HIS WIFE, is not there because he's a HUNK. She's there because she THINKS the boy is riding the gravey train!

It's pretty basic and simple. And just to add NOT all women are this 'stupid' or materialistic. There are a LOT of smart gals out there who could care 'less'--sorry guys!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]