Capitol Area Audiofest

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2010
    I'll attend, but only if they agree to have real live, face-to-face cable debates between believers and naysayers.

That certainly won't be happening in Polk's room but knock yourself out.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited February 2010
    I'll bring my Greg Luzinki baseball bat!:eek::D

No need for bats. Just bring a bunch of those big thick power cables with the big thick connectors on the ends.;)
    dorokusai wrote: »
    That certainly won't be happening in Polk's room but knock yourself out.

Polk Inc. isn't any fun anymore since the corporate takeover.:(
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited February 2010
    I'll attend, but only if they agree to have real live, face-to-face cable debates between believers and naysayers.

That would rule!!!!!:D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010

Why, what exactly has changed since I don't recall cable debates at any other sponsored event or simple get together that I've been at since 2003......how many have you attended again? If it's so awful, well....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2010
    I'll bring my Greg Luzinki baseball bat!:eek::D
    No need for bats. Just bring a bunch of those big thick power cables with the big thick connectors on the ends.;)

Why, what exactly has changed since I don't recall cable debates at any other sponsored event or simple get together that I've been at since 2003......how many have you attended again? If it's so awful, well....

Mark, I think this is all in jest, I know I was kidding, I'm pretty sure Ray is too. There is no need to get defensive here Bro it's all in fun.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    I'm just asking as defensive is when I just ban people for calling me Francis.

I hear that comment more than once now and then....it doesn't slide off me that easily since a lot of people bust their asses to help Club Polk at the "new" Polk Audio. I guess it should simply end.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    HuH! Mark, I have no idea what you are talking about. Forget I said anything, I was just trying to lighten things up. Sorry.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited February 2010
    for calling me Francis.

Psycho ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited February 2010
    Polk Audio and ole dorokusai WILL be at this engagement. It was confirmed today by Polk. Bring extra underwear ****.

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

Grant Vandermye from www.myesound.com and Frank Dai from www.signalcable.com will be providing goodies and support for the gear. I love it when people love Polkies.

Will they bring any new products?
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2010
    Polk Audio will be present and showing old and new within the Pinneburg Room, 2nd Floor.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited May 2010
    With just a little over a month away I thought I'd bump this one. There have been a lot of vendors added recently, take a look and make plans to be there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Grant Vandermye, MyeSound, is sending some spikes to give away and fabricating a one off "spike stand" for them all. He thought it sounded like a cool event and wanted to do something neat plus I'll have his versions of the original Polkstand and CRS/CRS+ stands onsite and in use.

The lineup so far consists of a MINTY pair of CRS+ and Monitor 10A for some vintage representation, RTiA9, DSW MicroPro 4000, LSi7, LSi9 and LSi15. The gear is still being worked out but I'll have my Adona rack, CTC BBQ amplifier and a full compliment of MIT cables hanging around. I'm still trying to work out what source and pre-amplifier we'll ultimately use.

Frank Dai is sending Signal Cable power cables down and we might have a pair of MIT Oracle speaker cables and/or interconnects, depending on the timing.

Thanks F1Nut for bumping this as I've been a bit lax...just busy with Polk and soliciting as much as possible. Len Shufelt and hopefully his son Kyle, both of Polk Audio fame, will be there as well.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2010
    and soliciting as much as possible.

You can get arrested for that.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Well, I do what I have to do for this place sometimes.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited May 2010
    Sounds good Mark.

I plan on going in between the other activities my social director has planned for me.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • xj4094dg
    xj4094dg Posts: 1,158
    edited May 2010
    I'll be there. Looking forward to it. I have many friends/family in the DC/Maryland area.

I noticed Joseph Audio is going to be there. CAN'T WAIT!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil deGrasse Tyson.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    This is getting close....and the list of stuff even longer. I'm excited. If you're local, get off your butt and stop by...just look at the exhibitor list! We're probably moving into Gallery 1 since it's bigger and I've wrangled up more goodies to play with.

You could meet Len and Kyle Shufelt, Patrick Chrobak, Kenneth Swauger and Matt Polk....how cool is that?
  • F1nut
    edited May 2010
    I've already met them. What else ya got?

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2010
    Supporting Polk and new products? Done that?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2010
    Been there, done that and got the polo shirts to prove it. :D

President of Club Polk

• Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited May 2010
    Pretty sure the brother and I are going.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Just got some sweet support solidified from Mr. Joe Abrams(www.equusaudio.com), ahhhhh life is good. Joe rulez!

EDIT: We're getting a full compliment of MIT Magnum M1 series interconnects and speaker cables.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2010
    Way cool.

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    Just got some sweet support solidified from Mr. Joe Abrams(www.equusaudio.com), ahhhhh life is good. Joe rulez!

EDIT: We're getting a full compliment of MIT Magnum M1 series interconnects and speaker cables.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Way cool.

Do you know if he will be able to put in an appearance?

That would be even cooler. He is awesome to talk to and will spend mucho time with you just BSing about the products and how to make them work better in your rig.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Jesse- How cool is that man? Hopefully , we'll add on to the list on MIT converts huh? :D
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Do you know if he will be able to put in an appearance?

That would be even cooler. He is awesome to talk to and will spend mucho time with you just BSing about the products and how to make them work better in your rig.

Nope, Joe is in AZ right now vacationing but Frank Dai from Signal Cable, whose supplying all the power cables, is planning on attending one of the event days.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    Ah ****! I would have liked to have met him in person as I've spent many hours on the phone with him especially about MIT phono cables and how to get my S3's to sound their best butted together with my SME cable from the tone arm. He really is a great guy.

I'd like to meet Frank too, he's also spent some time on the phone with me just BSing about cables and 'Y' connectors.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Both of them are very nice fellows....simply top notch, no bull, solid. Jesse turned me on to Joe Abrams many years ago....and Russman is who wrangled up the CP support(5% discount) and relationship with Frank Dai...again, many years ago.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    Both of them are very nice fellows....simply top notch, no ****, solid. Jesse turned me on to Joe Abrams many years ago....and Russman is who wrangled up the CP support(5% discount) and relationship with Frank Dai...again, many years ago.

Yep same here with both Jesse and Russ, however I'm pretty sure it was you who told me to call Frank about making me the 'Y' connectors so that I could biamp my 1.2Tls when you sold me the Parasound.

Joe gave me a tremendous discount on five pairs of MIT Shotgun S3s last year and Frank did me really good with some 'Y' connectors and a digital cable. You are correct about them being no BS guys they really tell it like it is even if it's about recommending another companies offering that might work better in one's rig.

Two stand up guys.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2010
    Jesse- How cool is that man? Hopefully , we'll add on to the list on MIT converts huh? :D

Without a doubt. Hear them and they will come.

President of Club Polk