Any interest in a DFW Area gathering?

124»

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited January 2010
    how about everyone listing what they are bringing.
    i'll have the virtue piano 1 cd player and belles 21a preamp.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2010
    UPV Audio Analyzer
    RadioShack EQ :D
    Aragon 2004 amplifier

I am tempted to bring in DQ-10's but they might not fit in my car. If anyone is driving by DFW International and has a large vehicle, then they might get there.
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited January 2010
    Gadabout wrote: »
    PS......

The VTI rack should break down easily. They are usually shipped flat box to wherever they are going when new.

Awesome.

I am stoked about meeting you guys! I may drag a buddy with me as well for some company on the long ride. Depends though...

I am going to bring my Oppo BDP-83SE in case anyone is interested in listening to it.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    edited January 2010
    Shanling CD-T100 cd player
    Bottlehead battery powered tube preamp
    Bottlehead 6DN7 stereo tube amp
    LM3875 chip amp
    LM3886 chip amp
    JBL 4301 speakers (pro version of the L19)
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2010
    Guys,

Sorry if I've been MIA lately. Been working a lot more lately than I had grown accustomed to the prior few years.

I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow, unfortunately. Have a wedding to attend on the other side of town.

Take lots of pics!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Tex
    Tex Posts: 189
    edited January 2010
    I'm pretty sure I am coming so I guess I'll bring my Classe' CA-200 amp, Audio Experience A1 preamp, and maybe the Jolida integrated I am trying to sell.
  • Sami
    edited January 2010
    Does anyone have 8 ohm loads for speaker terminals they could bring to the meet?
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited January 2010
    thsmith wrote: »
    He Scott, I am dragging 2 friends with me, hope that is OK.

I talked to Scott be=reifly tonight about the WDTV.

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Glad they wanted to come.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • vc69
    edited January 2010
    I'm rolling solo tomorrow. I am going to pull out of here at 8am so should be near Dallas by 2 pm and Scott's place by 3. I didn't realize it was the other side of FW! :eek:

Anyway, wish me luck and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • Wardsweb
    edited January 2010
    vc69 wrote: »
    I'm rolling solo tomorrow. I am going to pull out of here at 8am so should be near Dallas by 2 pm and Scott's place by 3. I didn't realize it was the other side of FW! :eek:

Anyway, wish me luck and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Be careful man, better late than never.
  • Wardsweb
    edited January 2010
    I was getting things together and decided to add to my haul a bunch of cables, a Winsome Labs Mouse amp and a pair of Optimus LX4 speakers (little giant killers).

Hey guys, don't forget to bring MUSIC !
  • vc69
    edited January 2010
    I'm bringing some sweet Cardas IC's. I wish I was going to have more time.
    -Kevin
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • Wardsweb
    edited January 2010
    vc69 wrote: »
    I'm bringing some sweet Cardas IC's. I wish I was going to have more time.

Yes it seems a shame to drive all that way for such a short visit, but hey, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

I'm headed out the door and should be there I'm guessing 12 or 1? I really don't know how long the drive is. My wife is coming with me. No need to worry. She is self sufficient. She has her books, her knitting, her iPhone with games and audio books, plus she can always take the car somewhere. Funny I was loading all the gear and had the car packed when she said where do I put my stuff? What? You're taking stuff? I guess I can take some gear out. :(
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited January 2010
    Had a great time Scott. Thanks for being a most gracious host, great food, great friends in music. Could those that heard the Virtue Piano 1 cdp please pm me with your thoughts as I would like to include some of the comments in my review. Don't worry I won't use your name.
    Loved the small rat shack speakers and the jbl's and almost forgot the Audes speakers.
    Scott, you know I'll take those extra speakers off your hands.:D
    Marvin
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited January 2010
    Great time Scott, thank you for pulling this together. This was a first for me and hopefully we can have another one soon.

It was great to see the people I know and the new ones I met. Fantastic food too.

I picked up at least 8 new artist to listen too and equipment that blew my mind.

The Audes are sweet and if anyone don't believe RTi10s can be great with music I suggest hearing Scotts with the Polk sub. I was shocked at how mellow (non harsh) the highs were and how tight the bass was.

Thanks again Scott !
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • Tex
    Tex Posts: 189
    edited January 2010
    I also had a great time Scott, and thank you for hosting this. You have a great place and some awesome systems. This was a first for me also and enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks also to Wardsweb for toting all that stuff from San Antonio. I am impressed with what 1 watt of power can do with the Optimus speakers. I will be looking forward to the next one.
  • vc69
    edited January 2010
    Jeez guys, I hate I missed this. Got near Dallas and Russ text msg'd me that he wouldn't be able to make it to the meetup with the rack. We worked it out, but by the time I met Russ in N. Dallas to get the rack, the day was long. Making the trip out to Scott's place would have been a crazy long drive. So I just headed back to Jackson.

Maybe next time....
    -Kevin
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • thsmith
    edited January 2010
    Main thing is you got your rack. You did miss a great time, host and people.

Like you said, maybe next time.

Where are all the pics that were taken yesterday, oh yeah, how was the BBQ. I hated to miss that.
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
  • Dagoods
    Dagoods Posts: 32
    edited January 2010
    Guys,

I had a great time yesterday and it was a pleasure to meet each of you. Some very interesting and cool equipment and lots of ideas. All of them just add to the list of toys I have to have.

Scott thanks for hosting and you have quite the setup. My favorite was the 2 channel room.

Marvin looks like I will be ordering me one of the Virtue CD players (soon). The sound was amazing.

David
  • Sami
    edited January 2010
    Thanks guys, I had good time. Listening to the gear that was out there made me want to finally put my things in order as well and get my gear hooked up. Wardsweb, was one of your preamps a DIY? I need a simple preamp and can't afford one right now, a cheap DIY preamp is something I am considering doing.

Speaking of DIY, is anyone interested in DIY meeting next time? It seems we have plenty of tech savvy people among us who could show us a thing or two. I'm only good with computer stuff and woodwork, my EE skills are very rusty. For the next meet I think we should plan an agenda.
  • thsmith
    edited January 2010
    I would like too, maybe even a workshop. I can solder and read schematics somewhat.
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited January 2010
    Thanx guys for making the long sojurn to Weatherford. I had a great time and it was good to put a face with the guys that are local.

The BBQ was OK, a little late on the arrival time (4p) and he forgot to put the pork butt in so no pulled pork.

I took a couple pictures (not as many as Wardsweb), but I'll get them posted in this thread.

Russ....

Your 0 -2. was looking forward to seeing you. Hope things work out better next time.

I'm up for a DIY meet always interested in what is going on and I'm considering starting a couple projects from Bottlehead.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa