Any interest in a DFW Area gathering?

Gadabout
Gadabout Posts: 1,072
Been awhile since we have had a gathering in the area and I'm finally squared away in the new house (pretty much).

I have 4 systems in the house and we can swap gear in and out of any of them. 2 are in the showcase

So I guess the first question is too see if anyone is interested in getting together. I'm in Weatherford, TX (76086) and it will be a bit of a drive for most of you.

The second thing to find out is what date works best for everyone. I'm off work from Dec 19 till Jan 4th. Perhaps not the best time because of the Holidays. Any weekend in January would also work.

So, is any one interested and if so what date works the best for you?

Scott
Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
Post edited by Gadabout on

Comments

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited November 2009
    Scott count me in. I am pretty open except Christmas eve and Christmas Day.

I woiuld love to here some other systems.

WHen it gets closer let me know what to bring.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Absolutely Scott.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited December 2009
    I missed the last one, I would like to be a part of this one. Anytime after the New Year would be great, it would be nice to meet up with fellow Polkies.

Hope you like egg rolls!

Halen
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2009
    Lets get it rollin' after the new year Scott. Andy will show, so will Keith, so will Sami, there are a couple more lunatics in Allen and Plano, I'll go knock on their windows late one night if they don't speak up.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • greg2350
    greg2350 Posts: 544
    edited December 2009
    Sounds good im in havent seen andy in here in a while? I will bring my Rotel 960 bx that blows fuses when you power it on. I replaced the rectifier it had an open short but still pops the fuses its free for whoever wants to mess with it.
    TV: Philips 42" LCD 1080p
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio RT800i
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio CS1
    Surround Speakers: Polk Audio R50's powered of Denon AVR
    Subwoofer: Polk Audio DSW pro500
    AVR: Denon 3801
    DVD Player: Denon DVM 745 upscale 1080p
    Sat: Directtv HD 10
    Front Speakers Amp: Rotel RB 890
    Center Speaker amp: Rotel 970 BX
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2009
    I know where he lives, works - I can threaten drunken shirtless visits, he'll pop in and say hello to avoid that.
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2009
    That works for me.... we can do it any weekend in January.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2009
    Damn... to late to edit....

Fiday nights work too, if that is better.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2009
    Let's setup a Saturday Scott, it will give me more time to talk you back out of gear I sold you that I shouldn't have.

That, and it makes it easier for peeps to come and go. I'll make sure you have the backing and attendance to make it a hit, you have the gear and the ear, and that's what matters!

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2009
    Alrighty, then.....

What Saturday, in January, works best for everyone?
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited December 2009
    I will represent Plano, might be able to bring some gear if I have not sold it.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2009
    As of now, any Saturday would work for me. Just wondering, has everyone heard the LSI 9's yet? If not, I could reclaim them and bring it. I believe Bullet21 lives out there near you Scott, I'll give him a shout to see if he would come as well.

Halen
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2009
    I may be into coming down the way, if there's any room for an Okie Polkie. :D

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited December 2009
    I might be interested as well. I think it would be fun to meet some of you guys. Very tentative though, it will require some planning on my part.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited December 2009
    Well heck --- long as the weather holds up I could manage a little road trip.......maybe a few from the Austin area could car pool ??
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2009
  • Bullet21
    Bullet21 Posts: 69
    edited December 2009
    I live in Aledo right next to you - I can bring all sorts of stuff... I have every monitor polk ever made (I have absolutely no idea why :)) I also have one pair of SDA's left I could easily bring. I've actually had several of those as well just too big to keep around the house if not in use!!

Should be fun!!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2009
    Tim,

Damn, the last time I was at your place you had so many speakers already. You now have SDA's as well! We must meet up before this get together. Ahem, the Kettler table. hahahah.

Halen
  • hastalavista
    hastalavista Posts: 26
    edited December 2009
    I live in beaumont texas about 5 to 6 hours which we go to dallas couple times a year and its a great drive. Count me in if youll have me.
    Onkyo TXNR3007
    POLK RTi a9 FRONT
    POLK RTi a7 SURROUND
    POLK CSi6 CENTER
    Dual PSW505
    Amplifier??????
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2009
    Haven't gone to one since the get together at Sami's. I'm in if I'm not working.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2009
    I'm in unless I'm traveling at the time you pick.
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2009
    Anyone wanting to make the trip is more than welcome.....

How about Jan. 23rd?

Should be a bit of time to recover from the Holidays and also be enough advance notice for those that are traveling to be able to make plans. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. We can make it an all day thing, just show up when you get here and leave if / when you have too. Say anytime after 11a.

As far as gear goes, bring anything you think the others would like to hear or you would like to show off. I'd also be interested in hearing some of your favorite music too. I'm not on the vinyl bandwagon yet, so I don't have TT. I'll get pictures of the other 2 systems up in the showcase so you can see what gear can be swapped out (not a tube guy either, yet).

I'll have plenty of snacks and soda around, just BYOB. If enough folks show up, we will order in pizza and wings or something or I'll run down to the local BBQ joint and pick up some sandwich fixings (other option would just be to fire up the grill).

Russ has promised to provide some entertainment.
    It should be interesting listening, as he tries to talk me into selling back the Audes back to him.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting the some new polkies.
    Scott
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited December 2009
    count me in.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited December 2009
    Pencil me in. Looks very do-able as of now.

Thanks for this Gadabout. Very nice of you.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2009
    What weekend is the flea mkt. down there?
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2009
    gwh wrote: »
    What weekend is the flea mkt. down there?

Kinda depends on what you mean by down there.....

Here in Weatherford, we have one locally on the Weekend - Friday, Saturday and Sunday before the 1st Monday. So in January it would be the 1st thru the 3rd. (Largest 1st Monday in Texas is in Canton)

Now, if your talking about Traders Village, it's open every Saturday and Sunday.

If you talking about, the computer Sidewalk Sale for electronics, computers and stuff like that. It's the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.

Scott
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2009
    Yeah the one in Weatherford.......was looking for a tie in but it's the wrong weekend.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2009
    Had no idea anyone even knew about the First Monday thing here in Weatherford besides the locals.

Scott
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2009
    Would anyone be interested in having their CD, mp3 or any other play-only device be tested per this application note:

http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/service_and_support/Downloads/Application_Notes/?downid=2490&type=20

http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/file/1GA46_0E.pdf
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    edited December 2009
    Gadabout wrote: »
    Anyone wanting to make the trip is more than welcome.....

How about Jan. 23rd? ...snip...
    Scott

If you're looking that far out, hell I could even make it from San Antonio. I need to make a road trip to pick up some veneer.