Options
2»

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Troy,

Hate emails? While you were overseas protecting his right to be a self-proclaimed expert on all things audio?

WOW, forward me a copy, will 'yeah'?

Dan,

As far as advice, gee Dan, do you own the 9's or the 7's or the center for that matter? NO? Do you own any pile of **** Carver amps? NO? Oh well, maybe he'll ask someone who does.

You effin crackpot.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Ok, I'm really starting to worry about this......

Here is my dilema:

lesse, I got LSi's sourced by Tosh, pre/pro'ed by Denon, amped by Carver with Signal Cable IC's...anyone want to whip out the magic 8 ball (the magic juice leaked out of mine) and take a stab at what wire I should use?

A. Transparent
    2. Kimber
    L. AudioQuest
    M. Straight Wire
    7. Nordost
    14. Cardas

OR

Any one would probably do a credible job and be an improvement over the current ones.

DING! Wire's run!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Dude, just sell it all, take out a home equity loan, get your (hang on while I check my flavor of the month chart)....

...B&K and Kimber on.

I almost said Rotel and Transparent, or was it Pioneer Elite and Monster?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Ok we are now back to this........ok wanna do it thats fine.......

Troy,
    The mail I sent you back then was correct for what was going on then............you know what I was talking about as you should.I didn't see any replies in my mailbox........so......then is then.

As far as your little joke about what to do with your system????Home depot isn't far is it.I understand you personally think there wire is fine,why use anything else.Frankly I don't care what you do with your system or systems for that matter.

Russ,
    had nothing to do with him being in the the war ****.Don't but words in my mouth.I respect everyone who served for our country even dirtbag Troy.

And so what if I change out my gear often.Flavor of the month.........

I HAVE SPOKEN.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Nothing to add, just wanted to set the mood.

As soon as Mantis the Magnificent (aka Hong Kong Fooey) has finished his Audio Mein Kampf ... (at the main podium)...

...camera one very gradually pans out to a wide angle shot of a VERY dark, empty auditorium, then on the left rear channel only - slowly cue up the sound of a couple crickets in the distance......

Heil Mantis!

Rooster
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Okay let's break it up. Move along. Go back to your homes, there's nothing to see here. I've got it.

Dan,

While I have you at your throne sire, you tell your folks to call you Mantis instead of the name they gave you yet? That'll go over big. Probably try and slap some sense into you. How about your boss? You tell him to make out those checks to "Mantis" yet? We both know the minute you do he's gonna grab those truck keys and make you zizz in a small bottle. Announce yourself to the customers as Mantis and they're gonna hide the kids and small pets.

Time for a reality check there or what sport?

Yours truly,

Scrotus
  • TroyD
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    Ok we are now back to this........ok wanna do it thats fine.......

Troy,
    The mail I sent you back then was correct for what was going on then............you know what I was talking about as you should.I didn't see any replies in my mailbox........so......then is then.

As far as your little joke about what to do with your system????Home depot isn't far is it.I understand you personally think there wire is fine,why use anything else.Frankly I don't care what you do with your system or systems for that matter.

Is it just me but you just can't beat the entertainment value around here......

Dan,

You didn't see any replies to your mailbox for, well, 2 reasons. One, I wasn't at that location so I didn't know of thier existence until just yesterday. Two, I would never send anything like that to anyone. I'd like to think that I'm a little more civil than that. You like to obscenity laced name calling. Different strokes for left handed people, I guess.

OK, so you don't care about my systems, which is fine. Yes, I do think that you can get acceptable results with inexpensive wire. If you have the time though, maybe you can give us a rundown of the pros and cons of some of the different brands, eh?

BDT
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited August 2003
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!

This is better than "Must See TV!!"
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • TroyD
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The return of Scroticus......that guy is a HOOT!

You think Dan shows up to a job with a kimono on and a bandana around his head and walks around the room silently almost in a state of meditation sort of like Keith Carradine in the old Kung Fu program?

"I sense many bad reflections in this room"

BDT
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Russ,
    as usual I see..........here's one for yeah.....eff off.

George Grand,
    reality check ????Are you that stupid?Crist man Hello I'm not the only one who doesn't go by there real name,not like you and everyone else doesn't know who I am........your post was pointless and stupid just like everything else your sorry unwanted **** writes around here.Much better when you called it quits,why don't you keep it that way little man.

Troy,
    get over it will yeah.What was said was between you and I.That was then and you know what you said to piss me off like that.I just don't go around talking/writing things like to people for no reason.Want to settle that,IM me,e mail me lets get past it ok?

Really......you do whatever your heart desires with your system Troy.You seem to disagree with everything I say anyway so what in this lifetime would you want anything from me???Really dude you have shown it 100x over so why don't we just bury it once and for all.
    As far as wire goes,you tell the tale.I have told mine over the years,it's about time you step up to the plate and give or shed some light on the topic.Home depot or whatever else........your call not mine.I like what I like.........you go like what you like.I think thats fair.
    And by the way it's David and Keith..........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    You think Dan shows up to a job with a kimono on and a bandana around his head and walks around the room silently almost in a state of meditation sort of like Keith Carradine in the old Kung Fu program?

"I sense many bad reflections in this room"

For some reason, I've got a GREAT Chris Farley image in my head..... what WAS that movie?

Dan, you effin ****!!! But please, don't bring out 'evil Dan' on us, I don't think we could cope.... ;)

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2003
    Options
    C'mon guys. Let's all get along. Here's a happy face for Dan:), one for Russ:) and one for Troy:). Feel better?

:DMaurice:D