Tampa Polkies gathering

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2009
    Why do I feel that this gathering conversation will be going on for the next year.....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Why do I feel that this gathering conversation will be going on for the next year.....

hahaha lets hope not!! :p
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »

Would be better late than never IMO

Pauly.
    Life without music would
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited June 2009
    Pauly wrote: »
    Would be better late than never IMO

Pauly.

Hey I'm eager and being a newby I'll be picking a few brains while enjoying soom new folks in my world.
  • Pauly
    edited June 2009
    Im ready. Even if for a nice BBQ and gathering. There will be an SVS. I got some RTA11T's im willing to lug over or a pair of the Legend Rti70's. My buddy has my old M 7's im sure i can get my hands on. Sure between other Locals we can come up with some pre's and amp's to Demo.

Lets do this

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited June 2009
    Hey Lightman, pauly, engtaz, potee, disney Joe

do you have any equipment you would like to bring and demo? I have onkyo 805 so i think ya all can hook it up to your equipment. ya all can swap equipments( the one u want to sell or trade) if ya all want to bring and swap.. its cool with me..

Doro, is there any way we could demo vm 20 at once at my house when they come over? so it would save you on shipping. Will polk company willing to send few unused equipments for us to demo at the event?

lol just read pauly comment above. its cool pauly
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2009
    I'll try and get the VM30 series to you but the rest is already in rotation.

I need a definite date for this gathering, otherwise you're on your own.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    edited June 2009
    Hey Lightman, pauly, engtaz, potee, disney Joe

do you have any equipment you would like to bring and demo? I have onkyo 805 so i think ya all can hook it up to your equipment. ya all can swap equipments( the one u want to sell or trade) if ya all want to bring and swap.. its cool with me..

Doro, is there any way we could demo vm 20 at once at my house when they come over? so it would save you on shipping. Will polk company willing to send few unused equipments for us to demo at the event?

lol just read pauly comment above. its cool pauly

Lets get a date guys/gals in stone then will go from there.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2009
    Good here. No sweat Jeff. I'll root around the closet and see what I can find.
    Just say a day and I'll mosey on down.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2009
    where's Darla?

set a date - everything else will fall into place :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Pauly
    edited June 2009
    halo wrote: »
    where's Darla?

set a date - everything else will fall into place :)

Isnt she further down South Florida?

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited June 2009
    Okay, i will try to get a actual date. I am moving this wednesday on July 1st. I will see when i can have gathering over. I will have to talk to neighbor and make friends with them first and ask if they wouldnt mind if we crank our stuff for the day without any police coming at the door. I do not know the neighbor yet.

Plus i work so i have to look at schedule first and plan ahead. But gathering will happen, got approved from wife :D but...... i will look around for good prices on Keg anyway :D so tell me guys, how many drinks will you drink so i can figure out what size keg i will buy. if you dont drink, its cool and some non alochol beverages will be provided. Please do share ideas what you want to eat, drink or whatever. so i can actually plan...

Ill update asap.

• Pauly
    edited June 2009
    Okay, i will try to get a actual date. I am moving this wednesday on July 1st. I will see when i can have gathering over. I will have to talk to neighbor and make friends with them first and ask if they wouldnt mind if we crank our stuff for the day without any police coming at the door. I do not know the neighbor yet.

Plus i work so i have to look at schedule first and plan ahead. But gathering will happen, got approved from wife :D but...... i will look around for good prices on Keg anyway :D so tell me guys, how many drinks will you drink so i can figure out what size keg i will buy. if you dont drink, its cool and some non alochol beverages will be provided. Please do share ideas what you want to eat, drink or whatever. so i can actually plan...

Ill update asap.

Sounds good. Set a date and will pan everything else out. Good luck on the move and double box/wrap your gear :)

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited June 2009
    Make as much gear travel in your car if possible.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • potee
    edited July 2009

Ill update asap.

Are you here yet? Let us all know when you make to town.

potee
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    Yes. We are in town. Am still unpacking stuff. Met neighbor they are friendly and I'm sure they won't have a problem with loud speakers or subwoofeer bass. Guy live on my left side works out of town in sarosta and rarely home. And he's nice guy. On right side guy plays professional basketball. Never home and wife is only one who home. I'm not sure what team he plays for but he's damn tall for sure. Met him real brief and had to go to store. He seems really friendly so I'm sure it won't be a problem for ya all to come. Except the gate that you would need to call me to open for ya all.

I'm on blackberry and verizon guy will come and install cable and modem so ill get on computer tomorrow nite to post pics of my backyard so we can plan event here

• lightman1
    edited July 2009
    Except the gate that you would need to call me to open for ya all.
    Keep your phone on vibrate, Jeff. You know why.:D
    I kid. I'm still brushing on ASL buddy.
  • engtaz
    edited July 2009
    Welcome to Tampa.
    engtaz

• potee
    edited July 2009
    I'm glad that you and the family are here safe and sound. I won't bother you for a few days whil you get settled in.

potee
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    lol no bother at all :) and thanks for the welcome.

finally theres online life again at new home. Verizon guy was here all day setting up internet and cable. I suppose im getting new notebook that verizon offers as promo after 60 days of subscription.

Oh yeah, blu ray rental movies at blockbuster has more selection on old release movies at blockbuster here. I was so glad ! :D

Time to catch up on WEEDS season 5 on my new panny tv :D

• CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    anyone of ya tampa people got knowledge of onkyo 805 function? I will need a lot help or tutor on what to do with onkyo program.

• engtaz
    edited July 2009
    I setup a few Onkyo setups but it's been a while. What area are you at in Tampa?
    engtaz

• Pauly
    edited July 2009
    Im in Carrolwood. Pretty central in Tampa. Let me know what you need

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    ok cool, im in land o lakes
    i think about 30 minutes drive from tampa city. Veteran hwy or i 75 if u dont want to pay toll.

• CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    I saw this in craiglist (tampa bay area) thought you speaker freaks might be interested buying sda. not affiliiated with this buyer. Thought id share??

3k93m53ldZZZZZZZZZ97451c3ed26602b1e00.jpg

3ma3p63ofZZZZZZZZZ974e8ef5b525b4d15fd.jpg
    http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ele/1253569365.html

• CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    Roy, Potee, lightman, pauly and disney joe,

Do you guys have Kids?? if so, how old?

girlfriend or wife??

• lightman1
    edited July 2009
    Single here, buddy. Got a date yet?
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2009
    Russ,, are you allowed back in the state of Florida,,, yet? ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2009
    No kids married for 18 years, some good this one really bad.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• engtaz
    edited July 2009
    Married, Boy 14, Girl 10, Boy 9
    engtaz