Midwest Polk Minifest anyone?

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
I am putting out a feeler to see if there is any interest in a Midwest Polk get together. I live in central Indiana and would love to help set up such a meet in there is some interest...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited June 2009
    I would definitely be interested in this.

I'm just afraid at the impact it would have on my wallet. ;)

I live in Indianapolis, so anywhere within a 4-5 hour drive is aok by me.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    I am in Lafayette...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2009
    I don't do the midwest.....too creepy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Children of the Corn flashbacks perhaps?

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »

What about Chicago? Is that considered Midwest? I don't know because I'm an Eastern Seaboard guy!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »

We don't want you here.......too creepy, assless chaps and all :p;)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited June 2009
    Perhaps if the timing is right. I'd do PF '09 before Indy if I had to choose. We do a mini-fest every couple of months here in Rockford, IL and anyone is welcome. Indy is a hike to IL for just the day, and I swear a couple of us are going to Ohio to visit with Ricardo and his system before summer's end.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    rockford sounds good, when do you guys get together next?
    I am also good for my home here in lafayette. It is on the small side but if the gathering is ten people or so it will work out ok.

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2009
    I'll try to make it, if work allows for the time.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2009
    heiney9 wrote: »
    We do a mini-fest every couple of months here in Rockford, IL and anyone is welcome.
    H9

Maybe the 20th, 27th, down South of you.

I've asked Mark to come, in chaps. We need another garden statue here, figure he could pose and we could all take a crack at scuplting one.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    I am in wherever we happen to decide to meet.

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2009
    I might be in, depending on the date.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    I might be in, depending on the date.
    It will be good to meet you Curt, and ther rest of you guys. I am good for the last weekend in June, maybe the weekend before that as well

• concealer404
    edited June 2009
    I'm probably not good for next weekend, or the 27th. Picking up a new car next weekend and working out some little bugs with it, and the 27th i'm driving down to louisville to get another car dyno tuned.

The 20th sounds good to me, though.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like fun :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    I'm just outside of Chicago, and would love to meet up!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Perhaps if the timing is right. I'd do PF '09 before Indy if I had to choose. We do a mini-fest every couple of months here in Rockford, IL and anyone is welcome. Indy is a hike to IL for just the day, and I swear a couple of us are going to Ohio to visit with Ricardo and his system before summer's end.

H9

I wasn't aware of that. Let me know when you're doing that again! I'm up near Chicago.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited June 2009
    I'm probably not good for next weekend, or the 27th. Picking up a new car next weekend and working out some little bugs with it, and the 27th i'm driving down to louisville to get another car dyno tuned.

The 20th sounds good to me, though.

You should stop by....I,m about two minutes off the highway on your way to louisville.

PM me if your interested...

Nick
  • concealer404
    edited June 2009
    nikolas812 wrote: »
    You should stop by....I,m about two minutes off the highway on your way to louisville.

PM me if your interested...

Nick

I will probably do that, actually. I need a kick in the **** to spend more money on my setup. ;)

• nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited June 2009
    I will probably do that, actually. I need a kick in the **** to spend more money on my setup. ;)

Look forward to it.

It's always nice to meet other polkies with similar interests...

Nick
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    So lets pick a date and a place... I am open to anything

• dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited June 2009
    I'm driving to Missouri for a wedding June 19-22. If it's not too out of the way, maybe I could swing by!
  • Mr_Nitro
    Mr_Nitro Posts: 10
    edited June 2009
  • Mr_Nitro
    edited June 2009
    need

. . . . .
  • Mr_Nitro
    edited June 2009
  • Mr_Nitro
    edited June 2009

. . . . .
  • concealer404
    edited June 2009
    C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!!

No. But really. I would suggest getting your posts in a more meaningful manner, else everyone will view you as the plague.

• Mr_Nitro
    edited June 2009
    before

. . . . .
  • Mr_Nitro
    edited June 2009
  • Mr_Nitro
    edited June 2009