Matrix Reloaded

Options
gidrah
gidrah Posts: 3,049
edited July 2003 in Music & Movies
I just got back. If you liked the first one you'll love this one. Great action and effects.

If you stay through the very long credits, there's a short preview of the third movie. It looks good too.

P.S. Check out the time of this post.:D
Make it Funky! :)
Post edited by gidrah on

Comments

• ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Was it packed? I got my tickets for tomorrow night. Hope it ain't too bad.
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited May 2003
    Options
    No spoilers in this short post...

Just came back from seeing this one. Compared to the first one, I thought this was MUCH better. Highly recommended if you liked the first one.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I took a long lunch and went to a Matinee showing yesterday. It was maybe 15 people in the theater.

I liked the story much better than the 1st Matrix. I did not like the excessive kung fu fighting sequences, which, after a while, became boring and repetitious. The freeway chase scene (with yet another long, drawn out kung fu fight sequence) went on way too long.:cool:
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I took a long lunch as well
    I won't say anything but there was a scene were we all thought they didn't need that part....There's lots of bass in this one too :)
    And I hope WB puts dts on the dvd this time, I saw the dts logo in the credits. Did you all stick around after the credits to see the trailer for the next matrix?
  • ChrisDurano
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I did. I can't believe how long the credits were.

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the first, but the action/fighting scenes were way cool.

I didn't have to wait to the end to see the trailer. The Senator Theater here in Baltimore always takes care of it's customers. They put the trailer BEFORE the credits rolled.

John
    No excuses!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Well I just got back from the movie....it was pretty good.

It was alittle different then I expected but nonetheless alot of info to the story.....

The special effects where incredible.This is going to make for a new reference demo DVD.

The end was really cool.......and the preview of the 3rd chapter looks just as cool.

Agent Smith is awesome......I love em.........Twisted F*&k he is...

Can't wait for the DVD or the 3rd movie to hit.I heard August.........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    It was decent, nothing more, nothing less...

your a tough act to follow, I havent seen the movie yet but alot of people are saying it's great!! can we get some just normal movie reviews here, Like just go watch it and not critisize the movie on sound, video, transfer and all that.. was it a good movie or what??

faster100

bombed, LOL

I guess i can have a altar ego also.... :)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by faster100

I guess i can have a altar ego also.... :)

But the real faster does not want a review... I want to see it for myself so no reviews please.:p

1/2 Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Simply put...go see the movie....

It's worth it..It seems like most who just kick everything has nothing better to do.....It's a good movie
    Dan
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited May 2003
    Options
    good stuff.. a lot more philosophising and talking but it was needed to give betetr insight into the Matrix and everyones roles..awesome freeway chase sequence. I read that they actually built a 200 mile highway loop to film that..all in all very enjoyable and yes they could have cut about 15 minutes out with that one scene in Zion
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Billm57
    I read that they actually built a 200 mile highway loop to film that

I have read 16 mile highway, but nowhere did I read a 200 mile loop highway. Where did you read that?
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited May 2003
    Options
    newspaper article..finger check..meant 20
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Going with the majority here. A very good sequal. There are parts that could have been made better. Mostly the dialogue. They could have explained things better.

The action scenes were so over the top that they were jaw dropping at some points. Made me literally shake my head and say WTF?? Just some cool **** stunts.

I have two favorite "new" charechters. I really liked the key maker. I have no idea why, he did not do much, but the concept of him was well thought up. And the two Albino Dreadlocked Twins.....they were just plain cool.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I think before we all get too critical of this movie there are two things we should remember or at least think about.

Some movies greatness is not fully understood until it is watched more than once. Unless I am mistaken, no one that has posted here about it has seen the movie twice or more. I have neither. I have a friend who has though. He was pretty dissapointed by the movie the first time around. He was like many of you. Then he saw it again (he went for the sound the second time), and his opinion flip-flopped. He said once you see it again, you will catch so much more of it and it is like a whole new movie the second time around.

Another thing that I am willing to predict: this is not a stand-alone movie. The Wachowski bros know what they have here. They know there is a third story. They know there is a quasi-religious following to the story. I have a strong feeling that this movie, although not the greatest, is not intended to be. Rather, I think of it as a bridge from the first to the third. Its more contributing to the whole, than trying to be outstanding on its own. A team member if you will. Anyways, just a couple thoughts.
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    I think before we all get too critical of this movie there are two things we should remember or at least think about.

Some movies greatness is not fully understood until it is watched more than once.

Shizelbs, I think you make a good point above. I watched The Matrix when it was at the theater long ago, and I wasn't too impressed when I walked out of the theater, until...

I bought it on DVD (yeah, I was sucked into the sound/special effects of this movie for the HT - they were GREAT!), and even after watching it again I thought the movie was only "ok", until...

I watched it a third and a fourth time, when after each viewing I allowed myself to absorb more of the story. Each time I have watched it since, it just seems to get better and better. More thought was in this movie than I originally thought! :)
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Truly an amazingly origional movie.
    Parts 2 and 3 ?
    Hard to be origional a second and third time.
    I can't wait to see them, as soon as the hysteria calms some.

-Luc
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Atleast it was originaly written as a 3 part story. It's not they saw a cash cow that needed milking. A prequel would be milking, but it might be okay.

Yeah, some of the scenes were too long. Especially that one.

I liked that Asian guy. He was pretty bad ****.

I read that the first one used like 400 CG sequences, the 2nd used 1000, and the 3rd uses 1500.

Has anybody watched all of the Animatrix series that are out. I need a new plug in and am not sure my computer can handle it.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I am going to be sans wife and children for a couple of days next week... I hope to see it then. The last movie I saw in the theater was .. uh.. The Wild Thornberrys.

Perhaps this is old (old old?) news, but I just noticed tonight that when you select "Languages" on the original The Matrix DVD, the segue scene is from one of the later films (I think I saw it in a preview, it is of him flying straight up and straight at the screen).

I agree completely that The Matrix has gotten better the more I've seen it. I was amazed at the effects the first couple of times. After seeing it a few times, I started to focus more on the story.

Just out of curiosity, anyone a fan of Time Bandits? I worked it as a projectionist when I was in high school, and have a bad VHS copy of it, but it remains a pretty original story. I wish the kid didn't annoy me, I'd watch it more often. How about Neighbors?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Love "Time Bandits"... George Harrison's "Hand Made Films" first release, and Terry Gilliam's first as well, if I'm not mistaken. I just watched my old VHS copy a couple weeks ago. My Lady had never seen it. I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy it.

Terry followed up with "Brazil"... very strange "1984-ish" flic I kind of liked.

Now as for "Neighbors"... ehhh... well it did have Cathy Moriarty when she was hot... "Neighbors" then a car wreck in a span of 2 years... not a great run of luck.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Saw it for the 2nd time and man.......I enjoyed it more then the first time.I want to see it again.
    I also got the game for XboX...excellent game,excellent story to fill in the gaps of the movie.

My son and I watched the forst Matrix twice and it's cool how all the little things stand out....I love it.
    Dan
  • jeff biggs
    jeff biggs Posts: 18
    edited May 2003
    Options
    My Wife and I went to see Reloaded the other night. I don't know what I was expecting but that was'nt it. I liked The Matrix very much and I had high hopes for this installment but I saw none of the focus and pacing that made the first movie such an experience. This movie was all over the damn place. There were way to many characters in this chapter that did nothing to move the story along. The fight scenes were out of character for the One. At this point, Neo should have no trouble dispatching anything that comes near him while in the Matrix. He can see and feel every line of code that comes down the pipe. Why does it take 10 Min. per fight to deal with lesser forms? The Wachowski Bros. need to focus more on character developement and less on the Pseudo-Philosophical Psychobabble ****. Those boys just about put Me to sleep. On the positive side, the movie was neat to look at even if the effects are looking a little dated now.
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited May 2003
    Options
    What if this matrix is a dream world inside a dream world? I only saw the movie once after only 3 hours of sleep for 2 days and I would like to see the Head guy in the matrix again. I think there was a lot of clues as too what is going on in that short sceen. What did anyone else make of that sceen? I want to talk about more things like Smith in the real world but we need to perhaps start another thread.
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    It's better the 2nd time around.

I'm going to go again.....It seems I can't get enough:eek:
    Dan
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by jdavy
    What if this matrix is a dream world inside a dream world?

Good special effects, but humans as batteries is kind of far fetched.
    There's much more power from earth's other natural resources and there would be no need for us. The only reason they use Keanu Reeves as the one is because they need someone who is naturally clueless. I would also think Zion would be mutch hotter. I would'nt normally say this, but Trinity now looks old enough to be Neo's mom. What the hell happend there?
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2003
    Options
    this movie was great i 2 thought the zion mosh chamber was not needed. i missed some important stuff in the movie. like what is neo? all in all it is good i am trying to download it so i can waatch it a few times more. i just hope it is on dvd befor the 3rd one is out.
  • ChrisDurano
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by goingganzo
    ..... i just hope it is on dvd befor the 3rd one is out.

Me2! Anyone have any idea when its due for DVD release? I doubt very much they'd release it that early though...maybe they'll release the "Reloaded" and "Revolution" together.

I personally liked the "rave" and "love" scene. The "rave" scene kind of reminded me of the intro scene of "Blade." And I thought the "love" scene was necessary for the story. Plus, you gotta satisfy all those with Carrie Ann Moss appetites.

• mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I just love this movie.I'm gonna see it yeat again this weekend.

I hope for a fast DVD release.........

Can't wait for Revolution
    Dan
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Just watched this last night in the HT. Got a DVD (thanks to my bro-in-law), full-blown dd5.1 and anamorphic picture on the DVD was very, very good, a little blooming in the bright whites was about my only complaint. But, it beats seeing in in a public theater.

I really, really enjoyed this, just as much as I did the first. I thought the freeway scenes were great, but I was expecting more from all the hype surrounding it.

Can't wait to watch it again tonight. The bass was awesome.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.