Connecting Carvers to Carvers

Options
Big Dan R
Big Dan R Posts: 131
Any suggestions on interconnects for Carver M1.5T, C-1, TX-11?

Thanks,
Dan
Post edited by Big Dan R on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dan,

I use Signal Cable interconnects for my Carver gear, I like them very much....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Big Dan R
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thanks Troy. Signal Part #?
    Any comments on Beldon cable?
    BDR
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dan,

Uh, no experience with Beldon cable.....

my experience is limited to Monster, AR, Signal and other bargain basement type interconnects.....

The website is www. signalcable.com, I think (hell, I'm half in the bag, I could be wrong) however, I did notice an improvement with the signal cable (as has other forum regulars) over the other basic cables.

For the record, I have the Carver C-1 hooked up to a Carver m1.5t.....

As far as my crediblity, eh, take it or leave it. There are some, like Mr. Grand, who are very aware of my shortcomings in the field of audio...

BDT
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    you meant Belden, right? Signal Cable Analog Two interconnect is based on Belden 29529, so you might get what you want. Belden is very popular coax for interconnects.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Troy,
    As far as my crediblity, eh, take it or leave it. There are some, like Mr. Grand, who are very aware of my shortcomings in the field of audio...
    you can add me to your list there tricky...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Big Dan R,
    interconnects are very personal.Some have extensive experience with alot of brands and some have very limited experience.Nonetheless,advice here your seeking you should consider only quality interconnects that fit your budget.Signal cables get respect from some in here.I suggest you look into Monstercable M series.Kimber Kable PPJ's just might be your ticket.There are so many brands it's hard to say what weill work and what will not.The only Brand I can generally say will fit the bill is MOnstercable M series.I feel they are the standard of the industry and stand proud at it.

Companies like Signalcable and Bettercables are online products.That doesn't mean there mad products,just that you can't go look at them,play with them at a given store and compare.You can however get a inhome demo after buying them with a return policy........want experience in wire????get off the computer and get your listen on.Meet with some salespeople who know there procudts.Listen and see what you can learn.This is the very way I got my learn on many many years ago when I decided that I wanted better calbes then I owned then........
    Dan

Ps......Beldon cable,
    there are basically a custom install brand cable.Quality I will say is above the average.I have worked with Beldon cables for years.Nice stuff,not my preference.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options

Well, at least I'm not a pompous windbag that's convinced I know a lot more than I really do. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BDT
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    TroyD,
    windbag huh.Well I know what I know and I try to learn more and more each day.

You can learn from my experience or pass on it.....that simple.

:rolleyes:
    Dan
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yes, windbag. Synonomous with full of ****. Those brochures do make for good reading on the crapper, I'll give you that.

Make a wiseass comment and you are VERY likely to get one in return.

Also, according to you, Big Dan has **** for gear so what difference would cables make?

Troy
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dang Troy, you're on Dan like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Companies like Signalcable and Bettercables are online products.That doesn't mean there mad products,just that you can't go look at them,play with them at a given store and compare

Anyone know of a store where they will let you take the cables home without paying for them? Right, you got to pay for them. So what would be the difference with buying Signal Cables with a 30 day return policy?

In store demos tell you little about how things interact with your gear which, IMO, limits the real value of the in store demo.

BDT
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Troy,
    you wanna go with this huh.......

Lets consider the signal cable for a minute......it's rg59.....It's made with bulk Belden wire,It looks like someone took the time to terminate them nice with shrinkwrap and braid,cute looking cables......

Whats not TRUE or FULL OF **** about my statement????

You have a nack for bringing out the ugly in people......any reason?
    Yes, windbag. Synonomous with full of ****. Those brochures do make for good reading on the crapper, I'll give you that.

good example .........I sense much **** in you.....or you like to talk about ****.
    Make a wiseass comment and you are VERY likely to get one in return.

Show me where I made a wiseass comment........show me.
    Read what I write instead of filling in your own blanks.You can and anyone else on the forum can spend your money on signalcable.I never said one bad thing about them.I never used them other then building my own with the rg59 at work for video cables.
    Seems to be cheap enough even if they wern't so good to write it off as a test run.....seems also like a few guys inhere actually like them ......You,Russ,polkatese to name a few.

Also, according to you, Big Dan has **** for gear so what difference would cables make?

So now I bash other peoples gear.........nice way to put words in my mouth.Not one word has been written about Big Dan's gear being **** other then your words.................Troublemaker.I never voiced one word about my personal feeling towards Carver in general on this thead.The guy asked about interconnects and I gave my opnion as of what I read......My opnion........do you understand what that means???

So Troy it seems you can't play nice with others.......such a shame.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Big Dan,
    please excuse Troy...he has nothing better to do then start things........lets move on with your interconnect choices.
    Dan
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Ah, It's good to see things are finally getting back to normal around here. :D

Big Dan,

My .02 on interconnects.........MIT, but try to demo as many as you can because your ears will hear differently than mine or the others in here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options

posted by Dan

then we have:
    Show me where I made a wiseass comment........show me.

OK, I just did.

If you want to joke with me, that's fine. However, since I can barely tolerate you on a good day, you get what you ask for.

As far as the Signal cable goes...I offered my opinion, take it or leave it (you have said the same thing). It would seem that anything that us common folk like, you have to trash. I'll bet anything you've never even seen any of Frank's products, which is again, fine.

You've NEVER voiced your opinion AGAINST Carver? Put down the playdough and reread some of your posts. Sunfire you seem to like depending on you state of mind but you have done nothing but essentially bash Carver gear. Sick sounding and 'transistory' I think are the two phrases that spring to mind, however, I think I could probably do a search and find more examples.

As far as starting ****, Dan, you are the one that started this round and I just responded in kind. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Could someone send me some more brochures? I'm running out of things to read on the crapper since that shipment of back Stereophiles never panned out. Maybe I'll take up terminating rg59 as a hobby.

BDT
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Troyd,
    since I can barely tolerate you on a good day, you get what you ask for.

BLEEP yourself would yeah.I could give a rats BLEEP if you can stand me or not.....Your an BLEEP in my opnion so where even.I don't even like you,I never liked you,I tried to like you and failed trying.......Your an BLEEP....period.
    As far as the Signal cable goes...I offered my opinion, take it or leave it (you have said the same thing). It would seem that anything that us common folk like, you have to trash. I'll bet anything you've never even seen any of Frank's products, which is again, fine.

Ok BLEEP it.......where did I trash Signal cable BLEEPhole where???Never said one bad word about them.They are made from Belden coax......RG59 BLEEPhole........you own them you should know.
    You've NEVER voiced your opinion AGAINST Carver? Put down the playdough and reread some of your posts. Sunfire you seem to like depending on you state of mind but you have done nothing but essentially bash Carver gear. Sick sounding and 'transistory' I think are the two phrases that spring to mind, however, I think I could probably do a search and find more examples.

Once again flaming ****,I never said one BLEEPing word about Big Dans....I left my personal feelings out BLEEP up.All you do is try your BLEEPed up **** off to put words in my mouth.....For the record,Yes I hate the BLEEPing gear I think it's a big pile of BLEEP.......my BLEEPing opnion.But again for the record,I never said one word about Big Dans BLEEPing Carver........your such an BLEEPhole.
    As far as starting ****, Dan, you are the one that started this round and I just responded in kind. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You left yourself wide open BLEEPhole and I was only joking around with you as you said...
    Could someone send me some more brochures? I'm running out of things to read on the crapper since that shipment of back Stereophiles never panned out. Maybe I'll take up terminating rg59 as a hobby.

Only a complete BLEEPhole would write things like this......come to find out it's you who tries there BLEEPing hardest to make me look like an BLEEPhole........try all you want loser.You wish you knew 1/4 of want I know............

Bottom line Troy......BLEEP you ......I don't wanna talk to you anymore,once an BLEEPhole always an BLEEPhole......

Sorry Gentleman,I had to edit.
    Mantis
    Dan
  • etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited May 2003
    Options
    As The Russman says...You cannot pay for entertainment like this ! :p

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I'm still laughing and I read this an hour ago.

:D

Twin

I feal much better now Potty Mouth!!!!:)
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I also have Signal Cable Analog 2s. Some day I'll even plug them into to something. Good build quality though.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Troy.....groovin' in the sandbox

Russ....somewhere above Tejas

Dan.....there is a substitute

All three posting in the same thread.........PRICELESS :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    :lol: Well said brother 'nut... well said... :lol:

Justin has got to tighten up this new quote scheme... mantis' quote-fest was about a mile long...

Alright back to topic...

Big Dan,
    My advice, get a baseline. Buy some decent, not outlandish IC's and leave yourself some room to play. Hell try Wal-Mart first. For the price of one MC, not one-pair... just one, you can connect all the dots. Then you can move on and have something to compare IC's yet to come your way against.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thank you.....I'm here all week. :p

Justin, what happened to the LOL and Angry smilies???

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    So, ahhh, I guess no brochures for reading on the throne, eh?

BDT
  • Big Dan R
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Whew,,, I didn't expect the Pro Wrestling type entertainment or not, responding to asking a question about interconnecting wires! Thanks to some of you who stayed the course with nice advice.
    I haven't heard such bantering since late night keggos at Law School....

BDR
  • Tour2ma
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Wait until you see what's written when we start in on Lawyers... :D...

You just hit one of the more lively topics here.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Big Dan R
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Tour...Krell, oops, I mean cool.
    I thinks I'll start with the Monster interlink 400 MK ll. I found several pairs on ebay for $29.00 ea, 10 bucks less than CC or BB.
    Man, Im still searching for the 1.2's or 2.3's.
    At Audioweb a guy in Tex has an "excellent" pair of the original SRS's for $1,500......hmmm
    BD
  • Tour2ma
    edited May 2003
    Options
    FYI BDR,
    The fellow had two pair, one sold. It strikes me as a little odd that he is having trouble moving SRS's at $1500 the pair. They go in the $1800 to 2000 range on ebay.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Big Dan R
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Tour, it is odd, especially because they were first listed in April! In response to my email, he said they are in excellent condition. His asking price I believe seems very resonable so maybe a tweet and cross upgrade would be worth it, however for me the shipping fee would be very high..to MA.
    BDR
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Big Dan R...
    I have got something for ya...:D
    in RE: to SDA's near you
    Email me!
    Mike

Surfbum72@worldnet.att.net