SDA SRS 1.2TL's ????

nikolas812
nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
edited February 2010 in Vintage Speakers
Can anybody tell from this pic if these are TL's??

Thanks

Nik

[URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/005.jpg[/IMG]"]005.jpg[/URL]
Post edited by nikolas812 on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,360
    edited February 2010
    look like SRS to me, but they are not TL's...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2010
    Not TL's, but could be 1.2's or SDA-SRS.
    Where are your's?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2010
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Not TL's, but could be 1.2's or SDA-SRS.
    Where are your's?

I sold mine a long time ago.

I was thinking about picking these up.

What are the SRS's worth? I was hoping they were TL's...

Are they still a decent speaker.

Whats the difference? Bracing?

Nik
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2010
    Not TLs, but they look like they're in nice shape....
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • ben62670
    edited February 2010
    SRS's are 4 ohms and use a huge capacitor to block the bass from cancelling. I personally like the SRS's. In this economy you may be able to talk him down to $600. Why did you sell your's?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2010
    SRS's are 4 ohms and use a huge capacitor to block the bass from cancelling. I personally like the SRS's. In this economy you may be able to talk him down to $600. Why did you sell your's?

To buy a bike. :p And to listen to music on some sweet TV speakers. ;)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2010
    I sold mine for various reasons....

Guy won't budge on the price...

Nik
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2010
    To buy a bike. :p

HAha. Thats right. I bought a bike right after I sold them..

I'll probably do the same with these...

Nik
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2010
    what's he asking... There was a set of TL's out there with a pair of Denon monoblocks for 1500.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2010
  • ben62670
    edited February 2010
    Too much for non TL's.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2010
    if they are right next door, the price is not so bad as what else sounds as good for less, but if travel of any distance is involved, the price is too high.

• nikolas812
    edited February 2010
    He's the original owner also... And well taken care of supposdly..

There somewhat close.

I'm gonna buy them. I'm supposed to pick them up saturday.

Nik
  • ben62670
    edited February 2010
    That's too much money.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2010
    That's too much money.

I agree with Ben if your intent is to try and make some money on them at some point. They are the original sl2000 tweeters so you already have 400.00 tied up in replacing them.

If you plan on them being in your rig forever and they are perfect, the price might be ok, but remember you scored TL's for 700 bucks! If you want to resell them, I would not get these.

• nikolas812
    edited February 2010
    What If I could get him down to $1000?? Would it be worth it then?

Nik
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited February 2010
    that's too much money.

.... +1
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2010
    Not for reselling...
    750.00 max and even then I would expect that you might make an extra 250/350 if you are patient and are willing to wait for your number. As I said, if you plan on keeping them a grand would be more than cool, but for resell, it is just to much.

• nikolas812
    edited February 2010
    I realize I couldn't get what I am looking for here. I was hoping ebay would come though for me on these.. I can't find any completed listings on the model though..

Hmm. Don't know. I've already made a commentment...

Worse case scenario. I keep them and have an awesome pair of speakers.

Nik
  • ben62670
    edited February 2010
    $1000 mint would be worth it.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,377
    edited February 2010
    What other speaker are you going to buy for $1500.00 that sounds that good? Nothing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2010
    Again you can always tell the TL series by the tweeter. Those are sl2000's. The Sl3000 has a black foam ring around the tweeter dome. The color of the dome on the sl3000 can range from shiney goldish, to bronzish, to grayish to light black, etc.

IMO, $1500 is too much for them sight unseen or heard. But F1 makes a good point. Still I prefer to get the best possible deal available.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ben62670
    edited February 2010
    I agree with your statement, but in this economy I would never pay that much. Add $400 for tweeters and around $300 for XO parts you are now up to $2,200.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    edited February 2010
    I agree with your statement, but in this economy I would never pay that much. Add $400 for tweeters and around $300 for XO parts you are now up to $2,200.

"HEY" i got $2200 invested in my 1.2/1.2tl's

speakers
    tweeters
    crossovers (done by you);)
    dynamat
    mortite
    spikes
    grill cloth

and I have yet to redo the wood caps and side panels.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    edited February 2010
    if these are Blade/Blade they are the 4ohm SRS's
  • leroyjr1
    edited February 2010
    "HEY" i got $2200 invested in my 1.2/1.2tl's

speakers
    tweeters
    crossovers (done by you);)
    dynamat
    mortite
    spikes
    grill cloth

and I have yet to redo the wood caps and side panels.

And the SQ is 2x-3x what you have into them.
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2010

Why do you have to add tweeters and crossover parts??? There not dead.

You would think you couldn't even listen, enjoy, or re sell these until these mods were done the way some people talk around here.:rolleyes:

Granted. I know what improvements you see with these upgrades. But give me break. Maybe you can't. But there are plenty of people that could enjoy them just the way polk made them...

Nik
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited February 2010
    ^^ The sl2000 is unlistenable IMO. The x-over update and new tweets are WELL worth it and I wouldn;t keep a single Polk Monitor or SDA with the old worn out crap.

Again, IMO. My 5B's are sooooooooo much better sounding since doing the refreshing, it's silly that a new tweet and a little $$$ for updated parts can make such a dramatic difference. I would never have believed it had I not experienced it.

So that's why...................to answer your question Nik

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited February 2010
    I HAD to replace my tweeters also. Low volume was ok but turn them up and I could hear the distortion and shrillness.

Now I've also heard good tweeters in a smaller set. Maybe the set your looking at has smooth sounding tweeters still. Good luck and you'll need a power house amp also. Enjoy..

I hope to get the bigger ones someday.;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • leroyjr1
    edited February 2010
    nikolas812 wrote: »
    I realize I couldn't get what I am looking for here. I was hoping ebay would come though for me on these.. I can't find any completed listings on the model though..

Hmm. Don't know. I've already made a commentment...

Worse case scenario. I keep them and have an awesome pair of speakers.

Nik

A pair of SRS's just sold here in Wisconsin for $1100 and they sat three weeks before someone finally bought them at the asking price. If you're looking to make a quick buck these aren't it.