Just got an expensive surgeprotector

Options
ChrisDurano
ChrisDurano Posts: 372
edited May 2003 in Electronics
Won it on ebay. Monster MP HTS-1000. Its got the clean power. Read so much about power conditioners in this forum, I figured I should probably invest in it. Plus, its nice to have the piece of mind. Anybody got this? Any testimonials?
Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
Post edited by ChrisDurano on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I use the tripplite lcr2400. In my opinion you can't beat it for the price. Maybe compare the specs of the monster unit to it to get an idea of how good yours is. I have no idea which is better or even if they do the same thing. Just an idea to determine if everything is covered. (on either end)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I have an HTS1000 also. It's a nice piece for the money. Really helps clean up the tv's picture. I'm planning on selling it and getting an HTS5100SS soon. Should be cool.
  • BeginnersLuck
    BeginnersLuck Posts: 213
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I also picked up a HTS-1000 about 2 years ago. I did not notice much of a difference, but I am using it in my game room...I don't spend much time in that room. I just picked it up to protect my gear in that room.

-BL
    TWFTPQ
    Receiver: Outlaw 1050
    Amps: Outlaw M-200 x 3 (Powering Mains and Center)
    Mains: RT800i; Center: CS400i; Surrounds: F/X500i
    Sub1: 214L Vented Tempest
    Sub2: 122L Sealed Tempest
  • ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited April 2003
    Options
    The hts 1000 is a good Surge/Line conditioner. It has Monsters stage 2 filtering, & isolated banks of outlet. We use the 1000 for our Monster Power clean power demo it removes almost 100% of the noise. You can put your noisy components ( ususlly digital ones) on one side & the others on the other side. We normaly sell the 1000 unit to customers who has a home theater that is better than a HTIB system. We sell more of the HT-800 beacuse it is cheaper, it has stage one filters & no isolation. The 800 dosnt filter out all the noise but it dose a decent job. You made a good choice!
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I have the MC HTS-1000 and use it for my bedroom's system for a while, and it does a very good job but it couldn't eliminate the and filter out the interference from my ceiling fan completely, my TV have some visible snow looking when I turn on the fan, so I replace them with the HTS-5000 (the one with the analog voltage display) and all the problems went away. I use the HTS-1000 for the breakfast area now, since I don't have the ceiling fan in that area.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,059
    edited May 2003
    Options
    nice entry level to better power.........nice man..it's just the beginning.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.