Mid Alantic and Bello Audio Racks for sale

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
OK,
The Bello needs to go.It's the ATC-2101. I don't need it anymore.I'm upgrading to Salamander.The Bello is in perfect shape with no scratches.
It lists for 749.99 brand new.I would like to get around 400.00 for it. shipped.It comes apart real easy and can be shipped.You can take it apart and put it back together as much as you like.Awesome build quality.Check out Bellos site for more Info.
www.bello.com

I also have pic's of it.I'll leave one under here with my gear installed in it.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I also have 2 Mid Alantic Racks.They are custom Install racks.Fully upgradable.Add shelves,all rack mount face plates for your gear.If you read A/V magazines,you have seen these racks in custom home theater rooms inside the wall,in equipment rooms etc.I was going to use them for my new theater,but I decided to go with Salamander inside the wall instead.I"m going to do a silver and Cherry or black rack.Then I'm going to match the room around it and so on......
    I also have some pic's of the racks.....all coming underneath.

These racks are big and kinda heavy.Shipping we will have to see what it's going to be.I'll work with anyone who wants the rack or racks.I will also Price super fair...Lets talk about it
    Dmantis20@aol.com
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Bello pic
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Here's the samller of the 2.I also got caster on this one.But they can go with the larger or smaller rack,your choice.
    rack.jpg 129.7K
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    The back has a lockable door.Here's a shot with my Rotel gear just sitting in there,back view.
    wire.jpg 123.2K
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Here's the 2 racks out on my back porch,covered with madness.Where getting ready to move so........but you get the Idea
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Here's there web site

www.middleatlantic.com
    Dan
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Mantis

I liked your photos of the racks used to display all your expensive stuff. I have wrestled with this issue for 15 years. Do I want to see the stuff that makes the music or hide it. From the women's perspective this is a no brainer, why would anyone want to see this stuff. It appears to be a basic difference between the sexes. Men don't want to see the hot water heater or the circuit breakers in the stereo room even if they were painted black and silver. As a form of comprimise to my female partner I have tried to locate ALL the stereo electronics elsewhere. Closet, basement, and garage, not in an entertainment center. With an infrared to RF pyramid for remotes from Radio Shack and a Sony 400 cd juke box you rarely need to see or touch any of the electronics. The problem with this set-up is getting access to the rear of the electronics for any electric modifications if the equipment is located in a closet or other tight space. I have made closets with access to the back from the side - very convenient, but expensive construction. However, a rack system like the one you are selling can be made from white laminate wood from Home Depot that has adjustable shelves and with casters. This allows the complete rack/shelve assembly to be rotated 90 degrees giving you access to the back. This complete rack/shelve system will fit into a closet. If anyone is interested I will post photos. The question to the women - do you want the equipment in the room or part of the closet or in the basement? She may be so delighted with no equipment except speakers in the living room that you may get to buy some more new stuff.

Sorry for the long rant
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    bikezappa,
    However, a rack system like the one you are selling can be made from white laminate wood from Home Depot that has adjustable shelves and with casters. This allows the complete rack/shelve assembly to be rotated 90 degrees giving you access to the back. This complete rack/shelve system will fit into a closet. If anyone is interested I will post photos.
    So what you are saying is there is no need for the racks I want to sell,I should take them off the forums Fleamarket because you can build better shelves from Home Depot Cheaper and with casters like my rack...........

Sorry to put them here......my bad.........:rolleyes:
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Why are you ditching the racks? Just not what you are looking for in the new house?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I quote Russ: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Thats a fair price, nice piece of furniture!

Dude, you can not buy a HD rack of the same quality as that one. Maybe the same usage, same thing, just not the same quality or looks. I agree with you though, I wouldnt buy that kind of rack then put it in a closet. I don't see why he is getting rid of them either russ! lol!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I AM in the market for a rack Mantis and I really like the Bello but $400 is still to steep for me. I can buy a couple others (open shelves) off the wed for that price. I don't have much of a choose right now. If I was close to an Ultimate Electronics I could have bought a NICE one buy now for under 4. :mad:
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Russ,
    I have been kicking around the Idea of purchasing the custom faceplates for all my gear for the middle alantic rack, the larger one.My goal was to build it into the side wall of the theater,the back would be inside the gear room which measures 6 x 7.This small room is also where I'm going to [put up shelves for all my software.The rack has casters on the bottom so I can wheel it into the theater room if I choose threw the cut out in the wall.Basically like a tight fittign doorway.The rack when in place will look like it's built in.Trimmed out with Cherry trim......but over the last year I have realy considered the Salamander racks.I love the silver poles and black 150 lb shelves.Awesome.So I looked over my Middle Alantic racks and decided thats what I wanted to.The Bello was a livingroom rack,not for the theater whatsoever so thats just left over for this house.It's a beautiful rack and I believe my price is very fair considering what they cost new.Mine is like new..it's perfect.

Sorry to hear that Scottvamp.
    Bello is made to last.They cost 849.99 new.Mine is only about over a year now.400.00 is what I would like to get for it....but hell make me an offer for the hell of it,Email me man.....maybe I can work ut a good/better deal for yeah if you really like it and need it.
    Dmantis20@aol.com
    Dan
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Mantis,
    How much for the larger mid atlantic one? Also, is the black furniture piece part of it or is the rack just sitting beside it. Also, how tall is it. How tall is the shorter one.
    Thanks,
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Price seems more than fair, for someone in the market.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    madmax001,
    it stands 74 inches high,it's 22 inches wide and 25 inches deep.It has a backdoor on it with a key lock.It has punchouts for wire management.The shelves are all fully adjustable.If you buy rack mount gear faceplates,they bolt directly to the rack...sweet man.
    I have a set of casters for it.It's a tray that the rack goes into.Then it's easy to move around and get to the back of it.
    The rack goes well over 1400.00 new.With shelves and the caster,your looking like almost 2 grand.But I'm going to sell it for a few hundred bucks.I need to get it out of here as I don't want to truck it over to the new house.If your into it,Email me direct and we can talk.Or over IM with AOL.
    Dmantis20@aol.com

Im is Dmantis20

I'll work with yeah man.I really want to move it,them.
    Sorry had to edit in here.The black wood furniture rack that you see standing next to it is a cd/vcr tower.I have 3 of them.They went to a wall unit I once used.The TV stand I have was also a part of that unit.It was designed for big screens and fully adjustable with a bridge.I got rid of most of it as I decided over time I was going screen and projector over a big screen for the theater room.If you like it,hell I'll throw one in or all 3 if you want them,we can work something out..........I'm very flexable.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    The Bello is still up for grabs guys.........I can work with whoever is intrested.......talk to me....
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Well Madmax picked up the Middle alantic racks today.He is really a nice guy.I hope you made it home safe man.
    Let me know ok?
    Dan
    Dan
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I made it home with out a hitch! I enjoyed my trip and got a really nice demo of Dans 2 channel system complete with B&K, Lsi15's and some Pioneer Elite equipment. Much better than I am hearing from my present system. The racks are awesome. I looked at the Bello rack for sale and Dan is correct in saying it is in perfect condition. If the cash were available it would be at my home tonight! After a great pizza pie, (Dan wanted to buy me a steak dinner but pizza seemed more appetizing at the time) we loaded up the equipment and I was on my way. I met his two children, Danny and Brooke, and his lovely wife. Dan is a great guy and is obviously VERY into audio. It was a pleasure all around!
    Thanks Dan!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    mad,
    your very welcome.It was fun having you over.

Hey when my new theater is finished,your invited to come up.

GUYS,
    The Bello is still for sale........I'd really like to move it.Talk to me.......
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    bump
    Dan
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2003
    Options
    You got mail!!!
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    And then it ended,

all racks are now SOLD!!!!!
    Dan
  • reeltrouble1
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Well back in late May I bought Dan's Bello Rack. He gave me a great price and we made arrangements for payment and shipment. Well the rack arrived pretty banged up. He had UPS Store pack it since it was a complicated process, nothing else to say but that they screwed up. The back post and front posts were shipped together in a long box. The packer simply wrapped each post in a saran wrap type material and that was it no styrofoam, no padding, no nothing. So the extrduded metal on the back post which holds the glass shelfs angs and digs into the right front post all the way from Pa to Ga. The box arrives in bad shape torn open to where you could see the posts inside.

Ok so I contact Dan and send him some pics. He tells me no way the racked was damaged as in the pic so he files a claim and even before he settles the claim I recieved my check back from him today AND he says to just keep the damaged rack.

Hows that for someone to deal with!! You might not always agree with him on audio/video options but his intergrity is unquestionalble, he is an old fashioned man of his word, rest assured if you deal with him he will come through.
    :):)
  • reeltrouble1
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Heres a pic of the most damaged post, there were other nicks and scratches but this was the worst!!!!! I am attempting to repair with bondo and color match the paint but the finish may be baked on as I am having a really hard time with it.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2003
    Options
    One word, UPS!!!!! They seem to stand right up and pay up and let you keep the gear to boot, I think we all need to consider shipping UPS instead of FED EX, as both companies break stuff, UPS seems to take care of business much faster and lets you keep the broken stuff, amazing....

and they don't short you on the refund.... so it seems
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • mantis
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Reel,
    thanks a bunch for the kind words.

I still feel bad the rack got damaged.I felt I was doing to right thing by letting them pack it.
    Dan