NAD Electronics

Options
avilladiego19
avilladiego19 Posts: 7
edited April 2003 in Electronics
I went to a local hi fi store today and listened to paradigm monitor series speakers and i was wondering what you people think of nad electronics. the speakers were playing through the nad t762 receiver which is $1300. it is rated at 100 watts x 6 and played very loudly. i think i might get this insted of a rotel rsx 1055.
Post edited by avilladiego19 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I've never compared the two, both are good high-current amps, very capable. I've owned NAD for a long time, receivers, amps, pres, they stay near the top of my list, I've enjoyed them to say the least.

Do you hear any difference in the two? Use your ears and features (that you will actually use) to decide, either way you have not made a bad decision.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2003
    Options
    avilladiego19,

I listened to a NAD T762 and Rotel 1055 side by side on some Paradigm Studio 40s at my local audio dealer who sells both. Both sounded extremely good and the difference may have been ever so slight in bass. In a blindfold test I bet I would have a difficult if not impossible time picking between the two.

Both are great. I went with the Rotel because I like Rotel and believe in them. I own a NAD C270 power amp too and I love it also. Since I already had a NAD power amp I just wanted something different. The T762 has a torrodial transformer and a sixth amp also.

If its the 75 Watts/channel that you are worried about with the Rotel don't let that fool you. The Rotel is very conservatively rated. It also plays at 100 watts/channel in stereo mode. I haven't been able to get distortion with this receiver running LSi 9's (it gets too loud for me before I get to distortion).

You can't go wrong with either one, Rotel or NAD. You are getting into some very fine receivers in this price range and nice choice also.

Rotel has a five year warranty. NAD a three year. Something else to consider. Also the firmware is upgradeable on the Rotel; not sure about the NAD.

P.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2003
    Options
    NAD has been making great products for many years,so has Rotel.I also believe more in Rotel then NAD.I think Rotels sound quality,upgradability and warranty things to consider.Look further into NAD before you buy.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.