New Rotel 1075

Options
gshisme
gshisme Posts: 1,038
edited April 2003 in Speakers
Damn it..I'm done driving myself nuts over which amp and decided on the 1075. Will be using the preamp outs from the H/K 320 for now to drive the LSi's. Can get for $850. wadda ya think?

Greg

Edit

Moving to other forum
suds, suds and more suds!
Post edited by gshisme on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Greg, check out HTF:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=134783&highlight=rotel+1075

no relation, but I thought you could save one bill....

1075 is a very nice amp and very capable to drive your LSi. I'd say, go for it!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Go for it!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Gooooooooooooooooooooo for it
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    polkatese,

Thanks for the thread.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    polkatese

Thanks, I just got 50 bucks knocked off the price of the new amp. Got it for 800 bucks. Told the sales guy I could get for 750 maybe less used. On my way now to pick up. Would rather buy new than used especially when I can get it now.

Just received my RT600i's from CC.

Oh! Boy! Were gonna hit em hard today....

Greg
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Greg,
    sweet deal! for a brand new one, I would do exactly the same! Congrats and let us know how it goes...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited April 2003
    Options
    didn't we just do this somewhere else????????

Yeah what polkatese said
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Yea I screwed up on the forum selection..got a little to excited!
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Yea, UPS dropped them off about 1:00. Replaced the r50's with them plugged into the H/K 320. Holy sh$%! Best damn $200 speakers I will ever hear!... don't need to say more about that. Can't wait to hear what Mr. Rotel has to say about them. Still working on that.

Thanks everyone and have a great Holiday weekend!
  • ncw
    ncw Posts: 62
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by gshisme
    Yea, UPS dropped them off about 1:00. Replaced the r50's with them plugged into the H/K 320. Holy sh$%! Best damn $200 speakers I will ever hear!... don't need to say more about that. Can't wait to hear what Mr. Rotel has to say about them. Still working on that.

Thanks everyone and have a great Holiday weekend!

I'm glad you like your new rt600i. Tell us the difference between the R50 and your new ones after you have used your 600 for a couple of weeks.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ncw

I'm glad you like your new rt600i. Tell us the difference between the R50 and your new ones after you have used your 600 for a couple of weeks.

Will do...just amazed at how much different and better they sound than the r50's. Initially the biggest difference are the highs.

Not sure anyone will agree but my den setup with the RT600i's up front RT25i's in the rear and CSi30 in the middle blow the B&W setups that I auditioned away. When auditioning the Rotel 1075 it just happened to be mated with the B&W speakers at both locations. Can't remember which models they were as I really wasn't interested in the speakers but after hooking up the Rotel to the RT's they seemed so much more "alive" and the 600's aren't even broken in yet. Could be my room acoustics or my speaker placement, don't know but I do know that I had one hell of a smile on my face last night!!!

Very pleased with the RT600i's and the Rotel 1075. Very Pleased!! :):):):):)

More analysis coming up in the future.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,659
    edited April 2003
    Options
    ATC, gshisme-
    ****! My 600's aren't gonna be here til Tuesday. You got me all excited, I can't wait.
    If they're that good, I wonder if I should use them as mains and move my LS50's to the rear. The specs are similar, FR, efficiency, etc. The biggest difference is the LS50's have 2 6 1/2" drivers where the 600's have 1 which probably explains the 150w max on the 600's vs 250w on the LS50's.
    Any thoughts on this?
  • gshisme
    edited April 2003
    Options
    ken,

My R50's that I replaced with the 600's also have two 6 1/2 inch drivers, but they are different than the 600's. The 600's also have a Tri-laminate dome tweeter, the R50,s don't.

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday moving speakers around. Ken, move em around. Find out what sounds best. I'm also finding speaker placement yields very different results.

Gotta go....I have a SCREAMIN toddler on my lap

ATC..thanks