Rotel Balanced Design Concept Movie

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Gents,
Stumbled into this educational Rotel design insights. Entertaining and educating around toroidal transformer, etc. Check it out and let me know what you think....

Rotel Balanced Design Movie 2003

cheers..
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Cool movie.

For some reason, I have a strange craving to watch 'Tron' now.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    I thought so too...did you see Rotel's caps?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Yeah, those are Big Black Boo-Yaa caps, not the Big Blue Badass ones.

The 'star' ground was interesting, also the quote early on that was something to the effect 'The best isn't always the most expensive', or some such.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2003
    Interesting and informative movie. It may be a little misleading though. It shows the "Balanced Design Concept" where it clearly states the use of torodial transformers for power supply, then shows a shot of the RSX 1055 receiver. When I read the Rotel website about my 1055 receiver it says that it has a large EI core transformer. I'm no EE here is that the same as a torodial transformer?? The RCD 1070 is a cd player for crying out loud and it has the torodial transformer. In the RSX 1065 description it clearly states torodial transformer. Why would Rotel "skimp" on the 1055 and not put a torodial transformer in there (makes me want to take the cover off and look). I know that the torodial transformer is designed to reduce "hum". I don't hear any hum on the 1055 anyways torodial or EI core or whatever the heck transformer it is. Or is this just another marketing hype like MOSFET amps? People hear MOSFET and believe it is better too.

Somebody please educate me on this one.

Paul.:confused:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited April 2003
    After watching that Movie I just wanna buy it.They did a cool **** job. Very nice.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Dan, ain't it? they did a great job, indeed...
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    polkatese,
    All companies should follow the leader here.
    Kimber did a cool thing on there website as well.No graphic's but a good Product discussion by Ray Kimber on the main page of there website.Have you listened to it????
    www.kimberkable.com
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Dan, I'll check it out, thanks..

Just unpack the pair, damned, hooking up behind tight spot of the wall unit is NOT fun....almost done though
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Cool and the drum roll please/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \
    Dan