New Pioneer Sc-27 Elite

2»

Comments

• danz1906
    danz1906 Posts: 5,144
    edited December 2009
    No I haven't heard the BD (but I own the SD-DVD). I'll have to check it out and let you know.

CloverField has some CRAZY LOW-END BASS!:D
    I just watched it....it rocked the house:)
    Once again-Very nice system!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D
  • speakergeek
    speakergeek Posts: 555
    edited December 2009
    danz1906 wrote: »
    CloverField has some CRAZY LOW-END BASS!:D
    I just watched it....it rocked the house:)
    Once again-Very nice system!

I may pick up the BD just to have...
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2009
    I may pick up the BD just to have...

If you dont mind Speaker Geek, can you share the price you picked up the SC27 for? PM if need be. Just curious what they going for.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • domflane
    domflane Posts: 653
    edited December 2009
    Thats an impressive setup, Pioneer really hits the nail on the head with those Elite's. Its a shame I got such a good deal on my HK or else I would have one of those black beautys in my rig. Elite is probably where I'll end up though. +1 on the subs, too much is never a bad thing.
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
  • BB3
    BB3 Posts: 297
    edited December 2009
    Beautiful Setup You've Got There, speakergeek.

Happy Listening Sir.
    BILL(BB3)
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio SDA-CRS+(Compliments Of Mr. Jim Thomas"jtgranby")
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • speakergeek
    speakergeek Posts: 555
    edited December 2009
    domflane wrote: »
    Thats an impressive setup, Pioneer really hits the nail on the head with those Elite's. Its a shame I got such a good deal on my HK or else I would have one of those black beautys in my rig. Elite is probably where I'll end up though. +1 on the subs, too much is never a bad thing.
    BB3 wrote: »
    Beautiful Setup You've Got There, speakergeek.

Happy Listening Sir.
    BILL(BB3)

Thanks very much gentlemen....I'm diggin the Elite/ XPA-5 synergy with my speaker set up. All grins here.:D
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,164
    edited December 2009
    I still say try to run your speakers off the pioneer and get a real taste of ICE POWER.
  • G-Elite
    G-Elite Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    hello im new to the forum and just purchased a sc27.:) I have a brand new set of polk speakers. they are an older model but they are brand new. the polks are rti 150 towers polk rti 38 rears and a csi 40 center. I have been reading this forum and every one says the rti 150 towers are very power hungry. Does anyone know if the ice amps will power these speakers good and if i should bi wire them? ANY info will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,163
    edited January 2010
    I suggest trying the internal ICE amps. I bet the Emotiva goes for sale and something else is purchased with the money. The ICE amps are powerful and very good sounding.

Like to hear what you think compared tot the Emotiva amp. I've done a few external amp vs with the SC-25 and the SC-07 and was kinda shocked in the results.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • G-Elite
    G-Elite Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    I just ran mcacc and and watched star trec and all i can say is wow. I am very happy with the ice amps they sound fantastic :D:D
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2010
    Although I do not own an Elite...I have heard them many times and I agree with Mantis above...for a 6-8 ohm speaker the ICE amps are quite powerful and very dynamic...they will surprise you.

Heck, I had a Panasonic second generation class-D that put out a legitimate 80watts to 6 channels RMS and weighed less than 10 lbs. It could hold its own with any AVR twice its price. And the ICE amps are much more powerful!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited January 2010
    My old HK is showing signs of fading and I'm pretty attracted to the SC-25 as a pre and back up amplifier source. My amps are old and you never know when one will decide to take a holiday. I always said that my next upgrade would be a dedicated pre/pro, but the added insurance that if an amp blows, I'm not down is quite attractive.

I see the pricing on both the 25 and 27 spiked just before Xmas. Anyone know where and when it's best to find one of these guys?

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE