What SDAs do you own.

Options

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'll also point out that Bob McG is still rockin' a pair of hot rodded SDA's himself. He unloaded Carver Amazings (to me!) in favor of the SDA's. He's rockin' Hafler amplification on those bad boys as well and they sound just incredible.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2009
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    Maybe it means that there is really something special about these speakers and the design still has relevance...even today. It means that SDAs are STILL a significant factor to Club Polk members at least.

You must have graduated at the top of your effin class. :D
    (From Tony Soprano)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    You must have graduated at the top of your effin class. :D
    (From Tony Soprano)

If I make that statement on most of the other audio forums around...I'm an effin idiot.

But hey...what the hell do they know? :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ...and who cares? Seriously, I really don't give a rats **** about what they are babbling about on other audio sites. If they don't like SDA (or whatever happens to float my boat)...that's less competition for me to deal with as a buyer. Besides, a lot of those 'experts' wouldn't know good sound if it slithered up their pantleg and bit them on the badoinga

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    [QUOTE=TroyD...and who cares? Seriously, I really don't give a rats **** about what they are babbling about on other audio sites. If they don't like SDA (or whatever happens to float my boat)...that's less competition for me to deal with as a buyer. Besides, a lot of those 'experts' wouldn't know good sound if it slithered up their pantleg and bit them on the badoinga

BDT[/QUOTE]

Not me...just takin a shot back at Chuck. :D

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oh, I know...it was a rhetorical statement.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Bubinga99
    Bubinga99 Posts: 283
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Minty-fresh pair of 2.3TL's and a second (original owner) pair of minty-fresh 2.3TL's that are now 2.3SD's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    edited November 2009
    Options
    2.3sd's?

what have you done...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2009
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    If I make that statement on most of the other audio forums around...I'm an effin idiot.

Quit hanging around with the ignorant and you wouldn't have that problem. ;)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,177
    edited November 2009
    Options
    2.3sd's?

what have you done...

Silk domes...technically they are no longer TL's.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • rocket
    rocket Posts: 71
    edited November 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Nail, head, that kinda thing.

Modded TL series SDA's put a whole lot of vintage and newer speakers, including the LSi's to shame. I had to get into the $30,000+ range to find a speaker that impressed me enough to even consider purchasing and it still didn't have that SDA magic.

agreed
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,057
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1C Studios

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • jimreeves
    jimreeves Posts: 57
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA-1A's refurbed thanks to the great info DarqueKnight provided in this forum. So far I think I'm the only one here to admit to a pair of 1A's! I thought they sounded great til I read how lowly they are by comparison, also in this forum. They're sitting in a corner now while the QLS1's get all the glory.

Jim
    Infinity QLS1, Polk SDA-1A, OLAdvent Econowave, Yamaha RXV-1300, CDC-685, P2200, AB International 9220A, Rane ME15B, Cambridge Audio 640P, Grant Fidelity B-283, Luxman PD277-AT7V, Pioneer PL707-Denon DL-207, DL-160....And projects on the bench!
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited November 2009
    Options
    2B with TL mod, new tweets, and new crossover components = constant sh*teating grin while listening to music.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Over 140 pairs of SDAs....

Just a thought....

PolkSDA (forum member) has a nice site he started...namely www.PolkSDA.com. I think he has moved on to other priorities and there are several of the various SDAs that have no pictures or basic info. We here at Club Polk obviously have at least one member with each of the models. Maybe if he is interested we could find out what pictures and info he needs and get it to him to add to the site. Most everyone has a digital camera and can email a picture to him. A scan of the user manual would be a great help as well. It is a great resource for those interested in SDAs and with our help (if he is interested) get it up to full speed. Again...just a thought.

Raife's SDA Compendium 2E is a great resource, but there are no more available (for over 2 years) and I doubt we will seen any more soon.

PolkSDA...are you there...are you interested?

• THEJERMON
    THEJERMON Posts: 96
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a set of SDA 2's and I have just placed an order for 8 - RDO198's for my 1.2's. This will complete my upgrade to 1.2 TL's. I'm so excited! Yea Baby!
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the percentages on the poll add up to way more than 100%? :confused:

Just sayin'.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I believe it's due to voters being able to select more than one choice.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the percentages on the poll add up to way more than 100%? :confused:

Just sayin'.

It is a percentage of the votes per category to the number of voters...not the total number of votes.

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA 2B
    (shown here> http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87121)

Words cannot begin to describe how they sound to me. When I stop listening to them long enough, every day, I'll write something more about them. Well, try to, anyway :o . You simply need to hear them firsthand.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • BB3
    BB3 Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2TL, and SDA-CRS+
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio SDA-CRS+(Compliments Of Mr. Jim Thomas"jtgranby")
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • chandler9a
    chandler9a Posts: 877
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA 2A and don't plan on selling them even when I do upgrade
  • jzheng
    jzheng Posts: 12
    edited November 2009
    Options
  • Backtothe80s
    Backtothe80s Posts: 45
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have 2 pair of SDA-SRS 2's
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have 2 pair of SDA-SRS 2's

Have you ever tried to bi-amp your SRS2s??
  • eloo
    eloo Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I bought my SDA SRS speakers in 1988. For two channel listening, I run them through a Kenwood KA907 integrated amp (circa 1980). I have thoroughly enjoyed these speakers for over 20 years and hope to enjoy them for another 20.
  • wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I bought my pair of SDA-1C studios in 1989 at the Hellenikon Air Base Exchange for $800. The were the demonstration models -- and I've never regretted that purchasing decision since.
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • cjmustang69
    cjmustang69 Posts: 117
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA SRS for 2 Channel System
    SDA SRS2 for Home Theatre Front Speakers
    SDA 2B for Home Theatre Rear Speakers
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's cool to see how many CRS's are in action.
  • Goth child
    Goth child Posts: 38
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Srs 1.2tls.Probably the only pair in New Zealand!My "girls"are 21 this year,Im thinking of throwing a party....