What SDAs do you own.

Options

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,964
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Modded 1.2's to 1.2tl's
    1C's mint condition but I will be modding these in the next couple of months

and i did own a pair of 2B's
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA 2B. Matt signed and RD0-194 tweeters... upgrade to the TL mod soon though. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I own a pair of 2.3TL and SRS 2. They are listed in my will.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,964
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOW now we know where all the SDA's are hidding out.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you should have added a category for SDA 4.1TL ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I've got a pair of original SDA 2's. You know... the ones that Matt regrets he ever made :p
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Right now I have 2 pairs of mint SDA-1C Studio's with the original packaging, 1 pair of SDA-2's, 1 pair of SDA-2A's, 1 pair of SDA-2B's with oaK caps and 1 pair of Oak veneer SDA-CRS's that someone painted black but are refinishable.

I voted but it only allows 1 pair per model so the count is off.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,155
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol... some of you guys are SDA whores!:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Had a pair of hot rodded 2B TL's and a pair of SRS 2's on loan.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • rocket
    rocket Posts: 71
    edited November 2009
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    I owned a number of SDA speakers in the past, but I currently own none, and I'm okay with that. I've discovered that I like the vintage Polk sound, but some times it can be a little too warm and not as precise as I would like. Plus, the ability to use common ground and non-common ground amps is a nice benefit.

i agree-i love the polks but i rotate other stuff in and out constantly. just sold some focals that were sweet, but they are overpriced
  • WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Having never been accused of being the 'sharpest knife in the drawer' I was daydreaming at work and remembered the set of 2b's in storage in WA State, and the 1b's in MN.
    The grand total, as it stands, is 4 pairs of SDA's.
    2.3TL's, 1C's, 1B's, 2B's.
    It can't be a good sign when you can't remember them all.
    Shhh.... don't tell my wife.
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol... some of you guys are SDA whores!:p

I bought all mine in a 5 week period to boot. :D

Note: WAF is very low right now... :rolleyes:
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,026
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1 pr. SDA-CRS.... 2-tweeter model

1pr. SDA-SRS2...4 OHM ...upgraded tweeters
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    I bought all mine in a 5 week period to boot. :D

Note: WAF is very low right now... :rolleyes:

I volunteer to help you resolve that situation. I could go for another set of the Big-Un's:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2009
    Options
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I own the 2.3's and some 2.3tl's and only put down the 2.3tl's so add one to the reg. 2.3's lol
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,052
    edited November 2009
    Options
    IrishNiner wrote: »
    Fully modded SDA 1C's with glass tops,silver badges and stainless feet.

Wow...can we get a picture...glass tops...never seen that. Sounds unique. Nice.:)
  • IrishNiner
    IrishNiner Posts: 116
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks. I'll be happy to post a pic. Down with H1N1 right now so it may be a couple of days.
  • analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1.2 TL's and the old CRS w/stands. I will never part with the 1.2's, but the CRS's are part of a wedding present and will be moving next Fall.
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    edited November 2009
    Options
    2B's bought new, and studio 1C's. Need to upgrade both.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • Aqs612scag
    Aqs612scag Posts: 102
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA2 with dimensional tweeter
    SDA1C Oak caps
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA-2Bs, they look like they are a 2As but they have two different series mid-drivers and are wired like 2Bs....haven't replaced the original SL2000 tweets yet...may do RDOs when I return to the states!

Might consider picking up 1Cs at some point...I don't really have room for anything larger.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is what I expected. In just under 12 hours we have 64 people respond and list 111 pairs of SDAs. I know that there are probably several folks with SDAs who may not have visited the forum today...I know there are several who post here regurlarly who USED to own SDAs and have moved on to something different.

There is a very nice, even distribution among the various model lines with the SRS TL series having a slight lead over the others.

This is a pretty impressive showing for a speaker that was last manufactured almost 20 years ago. What does this mean? I don't know. Maybe it means that there is really something special about these speakers and the design still has relevance...even today. It means that SDAs are STILL a significant factor to Club Polk members at least.

I am not calling for their return...It's just not going to happen in this day and age. I will applaud Matt and all they guys responsible for making this wonderful product. Hopefully as fans who own and enjoy these speakers, we can keep many of them operational and in great shape so that 10-20 years down the road someone can still hear them...and appreciate them.

Thanks for all the responses...and if you haven't participated, please do so as I put no time limit on the poll.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think your numbers are just the tip of the iceberg. My gut is telling me that about 60% of the SDA's built are still on the road somewhere, especially the larger ones as they were to expensive to just trash and throw away. I think for the money spent on them, that most tended to take care of them and pass them along to others that felt the same. There are THOUSANDS of SDA owners that do not know this forum even exists.

If Polk and Co. ever build a speaker that images like the SDA's with the detail and clarity, beauty and precision of the LSi's, I will buy whatever that line is in a heartbeat.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,097
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The thing is with the RD0's, upper line caps, and proper gear they do have the precision, openess and detail of LSi's. My SDA's are even more clean, clear and laid back than my (stock) LSi's were.

Some have hinted here that adding very good caps to LSi's takes them up a notch or two so maybe if that;s the case then who knows...............

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have been wanting to do the crossover upgrades, but I tend to like the SL-3000's better than the 198s... excuse me while I slip into a flame retardant suit:)

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Currently own SDA SRS 1.2 TL's I have owned SDA 2B's I would own more im sure except I have only seen 3 pair of SDA's up here where I live for sale Nathan AKA WastelandWandr picked up the 3rd pair SDA 1C's

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    edited November 2009
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    The thing is with the RD0's, upper line caps, and proper gear they do have the precision, openess and detail of LSi's. My SDA's are even more clean, clear and laid back than my (stock) LSi's were.

Nail, head, that kinda thing.

Modded TL series SDA's put a whole lot of vintage and newer speakers, including the LSi's to shame. I had to get into the $30,000+ range to find a speaker that impressed me enough to even consider purchasing and it still didn't have that SDA magic.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't own them anymore, but had a pair of SDA 1C's (studio). Don't worry, I didn't vote!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • maandjojo
    maandjojo Posts: 293
    edited November 2009
    Options
    SDA SRS 1.2TL; SDA CRS + ; SDA CRS:

Joe
    Joe