component switches

Options
howie777
howie777 Posts: 357
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Anyone have any advice on a good component video/digital audio switch. I found one at http://www.zektor.com/hds4/ that looks promising.

I have a marantz 8200 with 2 component ins and a 27" sony with only 1 component in. The problem is I have a Game cube, PS2, XBOX, and my DVD player all with component outputs and would like to use them. I know technically you should not switch the video but I'd prefer the ease of use over quality in this case since my TV isn't the greatest anyway. Also I want one that you can use via Remote control! My goal is to have 1 button to press for each source.

Thanks.
Post edited by howie777 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2003
    Options
    howie777,
    If you had a High Def TV,I would say get your switcher on but at 27 inches,you not going to enjoy the full benefit of the component cable.I would use all composite or S-video.Switch them all threw the receiver and call it a day.When you upgrade to a larger digital TV,then it's time to go all component.
    Composite would work out just fine man.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Mantis,

My intention is to have everthing paid for and money for a High Def TV in the bank then get my own house. So this is the next thing on the list before storing cash for a high def TV. I understand why this won't make much difference on my 27" but it is just one step in my master plan for an actual home theater room in my very own house. I most likely won't be able to afford much once morgage payments start.

Thanks for the help