i just want to state for the record

Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited November 2009 in The Clubhouse
I hate John Travolta. I hate that nothing's easy. I hate that my house is chilly inside when it's warm outside. I hate people who don't use their turn signals. I hate people who call me on my hateful cellphone just to chat while they are commuting; the "commute chat." I hate not being able to save money much anymore and I hate chasing clients for the money they owe me. I hate credit card companies and the credit reporting agencies. I hate that I pay for cable TV, and still get commercials. I hate that technology does not really make most things easier, like They promised. (And I hate "Them.") I hate that the weatherman never gets fired for getting it wrong. I hate movie remakes, I hate DVD reissues, and I hate "bonus tracks." I hate Walmart (but I do shop there, and I hate myself for it). I hate that just when I need it my printer runs out of ink. I hate Judd Apatow and all his friends who are ruining all of our childhood cultural memories by using songs and references in unconvincing commercials and crappy movies. (I hate that Seth Rogan guy, who stole my life lock stock & barrel.) I hate inconsiderate people. I hate that guy in that movie who does that hysterical thing. I hate complex handshakes. (I hate handshakes.) I hate my neighbor, whose kids are annoying and whose ugly dog is pooping on my yard. I hate throwaway technology. I hate that one bad shot in JAWS, where the camera is on the severed hand on the beach and a crab "falls into" the shot from above; how'd that happen, Steven? I hate what passes for music today. I hate that if I'm not going to like today's music, that I have to hang out with people I hate because they also don't like modern music. I hate paying bills online. I hate how "the news" is less and less newsworthy. I hate getting what I pay for (and not). I hate super-smart serial killers. I hate that I don't understand how if the government and big companies and Michael Bloomberg are spending billions of dollars on stuff everyday, why's the economy in such trouble? I hate "bromance," and the current guy greeting habit of "hugging." I hate people who insist. I hate kids. I hate being given a gift (and having to show appreciation). I hate that I can't find that important file. I hate the little clicking sound of the ceiling fan turning in the middle of the night. I hate having to be nice. I hate "the Kardashians," whoever they are. I hate dogs. I hate that my fridge ruins food. I hate Jay Leno, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, every role DeNiro has taken since GOODFELLAS. I hate that you can't reach for something without knocking something else over. I hate that other people have touched my library book before me. I hate people who ask, "So, what's your favorite [anything]?" Did I mention that I hate John Travolta?
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by Micah Cohen on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited November 2009
    I hate when folks don't use this wonderful thing called a paragraph. :p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited November 2009
    Wow.... I wonder if this post constitutes "hate-speech":p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2009
    My eyes...THEY BURN!!!
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like you like living by yourself though. You probably hate that I said that. FWIW, have a nice day. :D:)
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • raidersrule76
    raidersrule76 Posts: 471
    edited November 2009
    I hate the fact that I just read that and will never get that time back in my life.
    As janmike stated Have a nice day.
    Sig to be updated after dealing with the insurance company:(:(:(
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited November 2009
    I love you, man!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2009
    What? You guys don't hate anything?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• domflane
    domflane Posts: 653
    edited November 2009
    I cant believe that I read that whole thing. I hate myself for spending so much time on this forum. Nice rant I guess . . . good luck with the rest of your life.
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited November 2009
    I hate the internet.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited November 2009
    I hate......................

NOTHING! :p
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    I hate lists.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2009
    All lists, or just hate lists?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Jstas
    edited November 2009
    I hate lotsa stuff but everytime I express it, I'm told I'm a big meanie.

I really hate stripping wallpaper.

I think I hate stripping too. I'm not really sure if I got how it works? I thought I was supposed to GET money for stripping. But it seems that every time I do, people start yelling that I OWE them the money. Then the police show up...then they tell me that church is not the place for that...then it starts a whole thing and...dang! Why are people so uptight!?

Speaking of church, I want some pancakes.

• ryanjoachim
    edited November 2009
    All lists. Otherwise he would have said "I hate hate lists"
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

• Micah Cohen
    edited November 2009
    Gotcha.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• shack
    edited November 2009
    I hate pretty much all lists...because:

1) You end up having to read everything whether you want to or not
    2) They are too orderly
    3) You always wonder what's next. If the list stops at 11...then what is 12?
    4) Lists sounds too much like lisp and I get conufused

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Jstas
    edited November 2009
    Well a list that stops at 11 is cooler than a list that stops at 10.

Cause...

...ya know...

...it goes to 11.

• ryanjoachim
    edited November 2009
    You shouldn't completely hate Micah's post then, since it throws up in the mouth of your #2 reason.
    My System:

• Micah Cohen
    edited November 2009
    Your lisp is very orderly, yourself, for someone who hates orderly lisps.

Mine at least was a big spooge of lispiness. (Can I say "spooge" here?)

Wait a sec.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• shack
    edited November 2009
    You shouldn't completely hate Micah's post then, since it throws up in the mouth of your #2 reason.

How so? Does one hate not follow the other? How much orderly can you get than that? If he had thrown in some quadratic equations in the middle or some "likes"...then it would not have been a list...but random thoughts.

• thuffman03
    thuffman03 Posts: 1,325
    edited November 2009
    I hate this thread!
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2009
    I hate having to kick you in the balls. Will you ever learn?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • treitz3
    edited November 2009
    thuffman03 wrote: »
    I hate this thread!
    No you don't. You are secretly rubbing your privates right now.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2009
    Dude !!
    I think I love you !!!

In a manly, non-**** sort of way...

Can I say non-**** here ?!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    I hate shag carpet. I hate how uncomfortable the word 'moist' makes me feel. I hate ice and the fact that I never have any when I want it. I hate grapefruit. I hate the free newspapers that keep piling up in the lawn. I hate people walking down the street with a leash and DOG in one hand, and a bag of said DOG's fecal matter in the other. I hate the word potholder, it always looks like poth older to me. I hate the fact I can't really play an instrument, but I think I would be cool if I could. I hate people that won't let you finish a sentence, or a thought for that matter, and ALWAYS have a story that will top the one you just told. I hate Mike Myers, he's just not funny, he's a ****. I hate how everyone is saying 'Seriously?' now. Seriously. I hate it when people say 'to tell the truth', or 'truth be told', or 'to be perfectly honest with you' - as if they don't tell the truth and aren't perfectly honest with me usually? I hate Giada De Laurentiis, her head is the same size as her torso, she's rediculous looking. I hate weird flavored stuff, like those gourmet sodas, especially around the holidays. 'Oh let's try the turkey flavored soda pop sweetie'. What a hoot, how entertaining, it makes me so angry thinking of the family sitting there staring at each other, passing a bottle of carbonated stock around and watching each others facial expressions as they all try it. I hate cutting my big toe nails, they always friggin break or rip. I hate Fran Drescher. I hate how everyone charges for a side of jalapenos now. I hate those new stupid light bulbs.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2009
    I hate it when people mis-spell CANINE
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    I'm going with DOG, that ok?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2009
    I hate dogs.... and cats, and anything else that pisses or craps in my front yard, Lightman included!

• Jstas
    edited November 2009
    I hate it when people can't spell ridiculous. I think it's ridiculous.

• treitz3
    edited November 2009
    I hate that we don't have the TBT anymore.