Parasound vs. Outlaw

Options
rickfaldo
rickfaldo Posts: 49
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Okay, here I go again. Since it looks like I will have to make due with my Integra 7.1 for a while(no buyers knocking my door down), I am looking into adding a power amp and using the Integra for a pre, for now anyway.
The new Outlaw 770 looks on paper to be a great buy at $1799 for 7 channels/200w each.
Up until now, I have been leaning toward the Parasound 2205 at $1999 for five channels. Since these prices seem to be universal, I am not starting a pricing thread here. Am I missing something or is the Outlaw a lot of bang for the buck? Parasound has a great warranty and their products are well respected in this price range but......
All thoughts greatly appreciated
Thanx
Rick
B & K AVR 507 would be fun but can't find anyone in Canada who handles them not to mention the cost thing.
Post edited by rickfaldo on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Monkey wrench into your thinking.Rotel RMB1075....999.99 american coin.5 channels of pure clean power.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2003
    Options
    b&k referance 200.7 around 2300 7 channels at 200wats rms @4ohm that is my dream.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Outlaw has a 30 day return. The amp almost weighs 100 pounds though! Go buy the B&K and compare to Outlaw side by side.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    Monkey wrench into your thinking.Rotel RMB1075....999.99 american coin.5 channels of pure clean power.

Try it again...He stated 7 channels not 5...time to get rid of the rubber tools.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by rickfaldo

The new Outlaw 770 looks on paper to be a great buy at $1799 for 7 channels/200w each.

Up until now, I have been leaning toward the Parasound 2205 at $1999 for five channels.

Seems to me he is asking about both 5 and 7.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Some people don't read the thead,only read what they wanna read.
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA right back at yeah boys.........:lol:
    Dan
  • rickfaldo
    rickfaldo Posts: 49
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the advice but I don't think people should buy amps or anything for that matter with no intention on keeping them. Using the manufacturers as a "sound room" just doesn't sit right for me, but that's just me. I can't imagine the hassle re-packaging, shipping, getting a return authorization etc it would cause me much less the manufacturer, not to mention the shipping cost both directions.....Guess this is the price we pay for shopping on the internet or companies that don't have b & m outlets.
    I am just trying to make only one amp purchase and not make the same mistake I made with my receiver. Upgrading out of necessity sucks!
    Any Parasound or Outlaw owners out there care to chip in here?
    Thanx
    Rick
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I have owned the Outlaw 770 for over a year now and am extremely happy. I'll try and give an example of opinions outside of my own... a really good friend runs an excellent 2 channel system with Thiel speakers and a Classe 300 series Class A Amp. His exact words were, "WOW, this amp gives you all the Power you could want with NO evidence of coloring on either end of the band!". That said, my RTi series cannot compare to his Thiels but again he was amazed with the 2 channel image I have obtained and gave my rig his own 2 channel pureist thumbs up.

Specs to look at the Outlaw Power supply and Slew Rate they have achieved. The damping factor is Huge which implies very good components. The damn amp does weigh in at about 100lBs but there are no internal fans but I have never felt the damn thing get hot... even after some serious poundings that I have given it. There is absolutely NOTHING Wrong with the Outlaw 770 except Marketing HYPE.

I have had 1 problem with the outlaw a few weeks back but after the advice from Russman I rechecked and actually eFFFED! up myself the wiring while working with the integration of my SV Subs. I use 12 guage wire which and lost my connection with my Rat Shack bananna.... I forgot to tell Russ this but I was surely relieved that my Outlaw was safe and sound. Thanks Russ!

If you go Outlaw I cannot see a down side to the purchase and YES that is a lot of BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!!!!

Good Luck

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Hbomb nailed it down with regards to the 770. Don't forget to look at the 7100 also, I've got one and it's a great piece of equipment.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • mrmusicman
    mrmusicman Posts: 303
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I recently purchaced the Outlaw 755 conected to my H/K 310 driving RTi 70 Fronts/ CSI 40 Center/RTI 28 Surronds and have no regrets.
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
    JL Audio 300/V2
    Polk Audio SR 6500 - Fronts
    Polk Audio DB651 - Rear
    2 -10" Treo Subs
    Interfire IB 2600C sub amp
    Sirius Sat radio
    Ipod connection
  • yoeddy
    yoeddy Posts: 140
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Mmmmm....Parasound....
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    How can you compare the 2 without buying Outlaw first,then bringing the Parasound home or the Outlaw to the store?
    Dan
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    How can you compare the 2 without buying Outlaw first,then bringing the Parasound home or the Outlaw to the store?

The beauty of credit cards. :)
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    well there it is...buy it, try it, and send it back when finished.Thinking about this Idea I have mixed feelings.....but in home demo is priceless......So:cool:
    Dan