Polk audio car reciever

2»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2009
    ur rite same thing, they both blow, either way they stil got nothing now. i just gave premier benefit of doubt since i have no personal experience and 880 or 800prs sure has nice capabilities, i'd say just as nice as 7200mkll.. but thats just me, u know, the 1 wit no knowlege. btw i never claimed to know much about "da lanes" i'm not a competitor(probably should b..haha)(i WAS the one who admited it..BoS) settle down beavis what u got stock in pioneer r sumpin? i'd sell..

Let's see, eclipse 7200mkii, 11-band eq
    pioneer 800 prs, 16 band eq for the left and for the right. Try again. Actually, don't, I'm not going to acknowledge your replies any more because don't have anything to offer to this forum.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited November 2009
    who are u

A guy that has been working with car audio for a while.

Here are some threads that I have started that many people do agree with me that pioneer has just lost there quality. My fault that I can not get how many years ago it was that they started to be junk I just know that is what they have become.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-honda-civic-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/320500-done-pioneer.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424223

Just read what some people say about pioneer. Yes I might just be a guy with an opinion but in no way do I see that I am wrong for judging a company that I have dealt with.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, ignore list is a beautiful thing.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited November 2009
    Here are some threads that I have started that many people do agree with me that pioneer has just lost there quality. My fault that I can not get how many years ago it was that they started to be junk I just know that is what they have become.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/191-honda-civic-electrical-wiring-car-entertainment/320500-done-pioneer.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424223

Just read what some people say about pioneer. Yes I might just be a guy with an opinion but in no way do I see that I am wrong for judging a company that I have dealt with.

No offense, but I hardly call ca.com and a honda forum an adequate sample set to base an opinion on. You could start a thread on any brand and people are going to chime in with their misfortunes. Start a thread about Polk and you'll here how much better infiniti is...and so on.

I just find it odd that you've had so many issues with the units you've installed but we've had 3 incidents (went and looked at our repair logs for the last year) with Pioneer radios, with over 400 sold during that time. The best ratio out of the brands we carry, including JVC and Kenwood. I wish I could get a hold of the logs for the entire company easily.

-Cody
  • exalted512
    edited November 2009
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Yeah, ignore list is a beautiful thing.

I've only used the ignore list once, using it too much would prevent a lot of good laughs.

Just realized how I've probably spent more time on this thread than I have on this forum in a while...damn school is kicking my ****.
    -Cody
  • bigaudiofanatic
    edited November 2009
    As i said I am just giving my input on the subject. When I have had the fallowing problems: Face plate failure, internal amp failure, engine noise, cd's stop ejecting or partly eject from what they are supposed to, poor customer service, and many more things. Not only on units that I have used but units I have installed and others have installed as well. That is all I am saying. I am not looking for a dispute but just giving feedback with my experience with a company. That is all
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • exalted512
    edited November 2009
    BTW, theres was a thread recently in a forum of installers/shop owners/industry people complaining about how bad Alpine's accessories have been and how they've had to rip stuff out completely and lose all the time and money put into it because of a faulty HD tuner or the imprint not working with it (not limited to that, BT, sat radio...etc), or having to swap it out with a similar eclipse/kenwood/pioneer unit. 110 posts of installers that deal with this everyday all agreeing with it.

And what does Alpine say when you call them? "we haven't heard of that problem." Same problem from several different installers, same answer from alpine...lol
    -Cody
  • bigaudiofanatic
    edited November 2009
    okay
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited November 2009
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Let's see, eclipse 7200mkii, 11-band eq
    pioneer 800 prs, 16 band eq for the left and for the right. Try again. Actually, don't, I'm not going to acknowledge your replies any more because don't have anything to offer to this forum.
    -Cody

yeah yeah we all know about their eq's. think theres a bit more to a cd player than an eq. do what u want. besides post #20 my replies weren't directd towards u anyway man. please don't ignore me. Actually, do. if their gonna get u that bent outa shape rather u remain calm and some1 else give it a try..pioneer sux. alpine's seemed to be slacking quite a bit recently also. talk about a company that had it all especially in cd player market. granted there stil isn't much better but cheapness seems to be present across the board among these bigger brands, eclipse not excluded. btw jvc and kenwood also suk! i feel a bit pessimistic i just feel a bit let down how sq and quality seem to get the back seat lately. i know theres other brands(many) raising the bar. economy definitely doesn't help, nor ipod
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • bigaudiofanatic
    edited November 2009
    Very cool man very cool!
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2009
    Sal, you're dating yourself there, bro'! ;)

Like I should talk. I remember when those 3 disc jobbies came out! I had actually taken a chance on a Sanyo head unit in one of my trucks around that time because people said it was rugged. They weren't lying. That head unit is about 15 years old now and still works just peachy!

As for Cody and Mac, there's a reason I don't really hang around this forum anymore. Verbal lashings, no matter how well thought out nor how many facts are presented in them don't work here. Especially when the people you are thrashing can't comprehend half the words you are writing.

Again, I'm with Cody. I have no idea what you people are talking about. I've been using Pioneer electronics on many installs for many people as well as myself for over a decade now and I haven't seen the issues you all are claiming. Well, except for one but it was a girl's car and she was a slob and kept shoving CD's in the slot covered in funk and couldn't understand why the works were gumming up. Then her frustration in the spotty operability of her head unit trying to read discs through french fry grease and jelly led her to lose her temper and abuse the head unit. I can't blame that on Pioneer.

The only company I recommend more than Pioneer is Kenwood and I still do. I'm running a 12 year old Kenwood unit in my truck now. Aside from a diode blowing out and a backlight bulb blowing out, it's been in service pretty much constantly. It's my favorite head unit and I'll probably continue to pay to have it repaired when it breaks.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited November 2009
    3rded, 4thed, 5thed, whatever.

I've never had a problem with a Pioneer HU, and i've had a few. I love the one that's in my MX6 now, other than it's a a little confusing to navigate for me. Sounds good, and it's been in service through a couple of my cars.

For that matter... never had a problem with the Sonys or Kenwoods in my other cars, either. Just to throw that can of worms out there.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • cadenceclipse
    edited November 2009
    lol thats hilarious. i've been staying away from fast food, so i don't know what my problem is, but my last pioneer wouldn't eject (5900ib) after 1 year(last year). called em up hopeing for discount on future purchase, exchange, but nothing. shoulda went with premier(2 yr). wheres tweeter at? duh..
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • cadenceclipse
    edited November 2009
    Cody, i apologize for any disrespect though u r the one that took it personal u obviously as every1 knows have more experience in most areas of mobile audio than myself. i'm sure ALL brands have their quirks and there's always lemons, or something, i obviously had a bad experience and found out it was not exactly "isolated". if what u say is true, not saying its not, than so be it. 1 out of 1000 ain't bad. we all know they sell buttloads. So maybe I should start capitalizing, that may help. anyway nice to have u back, persevere man. 5 more weeks?? nuttin..
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2009
    Just realized how I've probably spent more time on this thread than I have on this forum in a while...damn school is kicking my ****.
    -Cody

Just like old times.

Kinda like all those thread of you and me arguing over if JL sucks or not! Ahh, good times.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited November 2009
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Just like old times.

Kinda like all those thread of you and me arguing over if JL sucks or not! Ahh, good times.

JL=overpriced:p
  • audiofiend
    audiofiend Posts: 67
    edited November 2009
    been looking at different head units to replace an eclipse i have and have considered Elipse 7200, Alpine 9887 and Pioneer 880 or 800 and they all have thier ups and downs to me:

Eclipse: Only irritated about the screen not being easy enough to read...SQ is great

Alpine: I would like to be able to use tone controls without buying Imprint and would also like more than a 5/7 band eq

Pioneer: really wish it had 24 dB/oct. slopes

BTW.......when I first started to read polkaudio forums some of the first things I read were Jstas and a few others constantly arguing about this and that like they were brothers. Talk about putting some good heads together! I've learned a s***load of stuff from you guys and as ornery as he is I'll admit I've missed Jstas on this forum. Got everyone fired up, lol. friends argue but brothers fight and end up rolling in the dirt.

guess i'll go with pio and get an ext. active Xover unless someone talks me out of it this week
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Mids: Polk Audio - SR6500
    Tweeters: Viva XT 25 SC 90 - 04
    Subwoofers:?
    Wiring?
  • cadenceclipse
    edited November 2009
    not a bad idea. audiocontrol dqsx'd sure be sweet. or get 7200 and jus keep screen turned off..you can read it, its just like their past recievers, just not very well off axis, too far away, or in direct sunlight. my biggest gripe is reading volume, small numbers, on axis helps, few cars with that feature..
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2009
    audiofiend wrote: »
    been looking at different head units to replace an eclipse i have and have considered Elipse 7200, Alpine 9887 and Pioneer 880 or 800 and they all have thier ups and downs to me:

Pioneer: really wish it had 24 dB/oct. slopes

guess i'll go with pio and get an ext. active Xover unless someone talks me out of it this week

The pio has two modes STD and NTW. STD is for passive mode and NTW is for active mode. In STD mode you get a max of 18db slopes. In active mode you get 24db's on your mids and tweets and 36db on your sub, which is plenty.

Run active with the pio, its a great hu.
  • audiofiend
    audiofiend Posts: 67
    edited November 2009
    thanks for that info.
    im def going pio for now and that sealed the deal lol
    Pioneer - DEH-80PRS
    Polk Audio - PA 500.4
    Subamps?
    Mids: Polk Audio - SR6500
    Tweeters: Viva XT 25 SC 90 - 04
    Subwoofers:?
    Wiring?
  • bigaudiofanatic
    edited November 2009
    JL=overpriced:p

OH ya good stuff just better for the price.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2009
    OH ya good stuff just better for the price.

stealth boxes are pretty legit.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8