receiver or pre-amp?

Options
dholmes
dholmes Posts: 1,136
edited March 2003 in Electronics
My denon avr4800 has become a preamp instead of a receiver. I use the pre-outs to 2 Adcom power amps, for ht. I have heard that I would get better sound with a ht pre-amp. I want one with 7.1 dtses ddex, under 1000$ Am I dreaming is this possible? Outlaw products looked great but now ther pre-amp has base problems. HELP!!!! thanks
My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
Post edited by dholmes on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2003
    Options
    You own Adcom power amps,I would start my search there.
    The Denon avr4800 was a killer receiver.At that level I never felt the need for external amps.Fun nonetheless.
    A good preamp for the money you wanna spend,7.1 and all........good luck Rotel has a rsp1066 but it's 1499.99.Thats about the cheapest I've seen other then Outlaw.....and you can't demo/touch them without buying first..........I'm not afan of them only because of that fact.......so
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Outlaw does have a 30 day risk free trial, which IMO, is better than demoing in a store. The problem that I have with in store demos is that they don't tell you how something will work in your home with your gear. Of course, you could take it home and try it, which is essentially what Outlaw is letting you do, no?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2003
    Options
    But Outlaw doesn't give you the ability to touch,smell,feel about it in anyway other then pics online.I think that stinks.

But on a positive note I have read good things about there products.I guess if your willing to do all the work to get there stuff,give it a try what the hell.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Thanks everyone, Mantis where can you buy Rotel products? I live in the hills of Ky thanks
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.