Need SQ highs and mids for 2 SR124-DVCs

2»

Comments

• cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited August 2009
    if ur under 30(like me)focal. over 35, polk
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • pushkanak
    pushkanak Posts: 45
    edited August 2009
    I'm also under 30, but lol, why do you ask? People over 30 can listen less to higher frequencies that what younger people do?
  • cadenceclipse
    edited August 2009
    in that case i vote focal again. over 30 prob can't tell the difference since probably can't hear over 20k.
    pushkanak wrote: »
    People over 30 can listen less to higher frequencies that what younger people do?

what. if i understood..no more like they can't if they wanted to. older u r, less freqs u can hear. kids can hear maybe 18-30k, adults more like 30-18k, specially if listened 2 lots of loud distorted music like (heavy metal)concerts, poorly tuned systems, crappy systems turned up 2 high, 2 much spl, etc
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • pushkanak
    edited August 2009
    Hey, I found something interesting about the focal solid 4.

If you go to their main website http://www.focal-america.com/, and browse through their products to find that amp, you can see in their description that it can also work in 3 channels doing 80 rms x 2 and 200 rms x 1. So would it now be logical to go 2 of those amps and connect each 200 rms channel to the mids, 2 channels x 80 rms to the tweeters, and the other amp would be left with 2 channels unused?

This is the last time I go through this topic I swear!
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited August 2009
    cadence you finally found your soulmate :)
  • cadenceclipse
    edited August 2009
    sall good buddy nuttin wrong w/ asking questions, that #29 threw me 4 a doozy. thing is like i also said b4 only way to get 200 is bridging which u need 2 voice coils for(like a sub). also 200 is 2 much anyway. u can buy 10 amps if u actually want. doesn't necessarily mean it will sound good. i believe mac recently said system is sompin like 20% components(stuff), 25%install(which i thought was more like 50%), and..(doin math)..55% TUNING, which is where i've been for a while. my point being don't get 2 caught up in compo0nets granted thats where ur initial $$ is going and u r making a nice purchase. some1 on here is using 4 amps on 1 set of sr6500s. dudes the man(not mentioning any names). he also has no unused channels..don't ask..there mono amps. anyway u hook up ur set to 1 solid 4 i guarrantee u'll b blown away IF its tuned rite. u got like a nice alpine HU? think about processors? thats where ur $$will b worth rather than extra amp.. solid 4 and 500.4 r soem of the best 4 channels u can get now. ia4 cadencesound.com n or powermaxelectronics.com
  • cadenceclipse
    edited August 2009
    arun1963 wrote: »
    cadence you finally found your soulmate :)

yeah finally :confused:
    dont b jealous :p thought what we had was real but i had 2 let her go. tell ur mom no hard feelings;)
  • pushkanak
    edited August 2009
    Well that was enough for this topic. I will go with Focal Solid 4, since also I can get if for half the price than JBL's.

So that's it, my highs and mids will consist of an SR6500 comp, powered with a Focal Solid 4 amp, not bad huh? And the head unit I just bought is the Pioneer 800PRS, which supposedly competes with the nice SQ oriented alpine head units like the 9887.

Thanks a lot cadenceclipse for your help, and everyone else's help. I'm glad to have purchased polk products.

When I install the whole system I will come back and provide my feedback, which I guess will be positive.

Until then.. cheers.
  • cadenceclipse
    edited August 2009
    competes..yeah, i'll say..
    pushkanak wrote: »
    which I guess will be positive.

u ****. after all that! i kid i kid u have no idea though , but ur in 4 it. need any help long the way don't hesitate. lotta good help on here..check out the ia4?
  • pushkanak
    edited August 2009
    Easy man, I meant it will probably be very positive.

I'm not sure which is the ia4, I'm googling it and can't find the amp. Give me the complete model name
  • cadenceclipse
    edited August 2009
    cadence look at end of post 37
  • pushkanak
    edited September 2009
    The Cadence ia4 is unavailable in the local market,but judging by its specifications, it seems to be a solid quality amp. However, I'm pleased to announce that my local provider of polk audio brands offered my an incredible discount for the pa500.4 amp, and really, I had to take it instead of the Focal Solid 4.

And also, this web site helped me to incline my decision towards pa500.4

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/ChrisDAmbrose.shtml

It seems that even the younger healthy people can't hear frequencies higher than 20khz, and it's demonstrated by the many doctors and ear experts mentioned in the site. The pa500.4's frequency response cap to 20khz was the last thing preventing me from buying it, besides its high price.