No sound from Polk center channel! CS175i

Options
2»

Comments

• is3finallymd
    is3finallymd Posts: 28
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Its ashame I have to have 25 posts in order to list these in the for sale section..
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't think you would need that many posts for a good KARMA thread, right ;) ?
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • is3finallymd
    edited June 2009
    Options
    10 more posts!!
  • is3finallymd
    edited June 2009
    Options
    also I wanted to thank everyone for the advice, hope I didnt come off the wrong way just wish things would keep working like their supposed too..

btw one of my hd directv boxes is not working and have to have a tech come out this week, the sky is falling on me for electronics this past week it seems..
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    Options
    also I wanted to thank everyone for the advice, hope I didnt come off the wrong way just wish things would keep working like their supposed too..

btw one of my hd directv boxes is not working and have to have a tech come out this week, the sky is falling on me for electronics this past week it seems..

No worries. We understand the frustration of things not working properly. Your best bet is to try to fix that center yourself for 2 reasons. A: no one wants a broken entry level center speaker. B: you'll learn something from the repair, and possibly help someone like yourself who has a question. It's all about learning and giving back to the community.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • is3finallymd
    edited June 2009
    Options
    messiah wrote: »
    No worries. We understand the frustration of things not working properly. Your best bet is to try to fix that center yourself for 2 reasons. A: no one wants a broken entry level center speaker. B: you'll learn something from the repair, and possibly help someone like yourself who has a question. It's all about learning and giving back to the community.

I just don't have the experiance/knowledge to fix the speaker. The pic I posted shows those soldered speaker wires to the rear terminal piece. I can't remember the last time I soldered anything and don't have the tools on me anyhow, last I'm not even sure thats the problem.. I hooked up speaker wire directly to the speaker (not the tweeter) and got nothing out of the speaker (movement or sound).. So maybe its the speaker itself? idk
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2009
    Options
    messiah wrote: »
    Your best bet is to try to fix that center yourself for 2 reasons. A: no one wants a broken entry level center speaker. B: you'll learn something from the repair, and possibly help someone like yourself who has a question. It's all about learning and giving back to the community.
    Very positive suggestion, definitely the spirit! That center isn't worth that much compare to the experience and satisfaction you would gain out of fixing it not to mention the satisfaction of helping someone else's benefitting from that experience later on down the road ;)
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thanks Techno! Yeah, getting to know the inner workings of your speakers, amps, subs etc... makes you get it a little bit more. It's not just something you plug in and it does its job, It's cool because you know how and why it does its job. And if it stops, you know how to fix it!! Now if I could only figure out why I do my job lol :D
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • daniel86
    daniel86 Posts: 4
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've had this same problem, I ended up having to get it replaced.

Daniel
    Easy Number Plates - Road Legal & Custom/Show Number Plates
    http://www.easynumberplates.co.uk
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its ashame I have to have 25 posts in order to list these in the for sale section..

25 posts will allow you to list, but might not be enough to make a sale.

Stick around.

Get to know some of the great people here.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels