Modern Warfare 2

Options

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2009
    Options
    On order from Amazon, although I might be looking for more flight time in the future as I got Saitek X52 yesterday.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Guess what?

I just received another email from Amazon:
    Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you today because you purchased a copy of either the Standard Edition or the Hardened Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

We recently upgraded the promotional offer for the Standard Edition and Hardened Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 from a $15 Video Game Store Credit to a $20 Video Game Store Credit. This credit will be automatically applied to your account within 2 business days after the item ships.
    We realize that many of our customers are huge Call of Duty fans, and we’re pleased to thank you for your business with this offer.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com

So, the promo goes from $10 to $15 to $20. How cool is that? :)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited October 2009
    Options
    been watchin' this battle between amazon and walmart. walmart strikes first then amazon follows suit. use bing for an extra 10 percent, unless they took down the link. walmart charges tax in most states so i just went with amazon. and yes, i have prime. aren't i special?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BIZILL wrote: »
    been watchin' this battle between amazon and walmart. walmart strikes first then amazon follows suit. use bing for an extra 10 percent, unless they took down the link. walmart charges tax in most states so i just went with amazon. and yes, i have prime. aren't i special?

I checked their website to see what amazon prime was kinda confused... Ok so you get "free" two day shipping on anything but don't you get free shipping for I think $25 bucks or more? Yes it usually takes me about 5 or 6 days to get my item but isn't it kinda a rip off to pay 80 bucks to get your item a few days earlier...

In other words, is there some other advantage I am missing with amazon prime?

Even though I will have to wait a few days for the game it won't stop the inevitable... You guys won't have a chance against me
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Even though I will have to wait a few days for the game it won't stop the inevitable... You guys won't have a chance against me

I'll be sure to bring this back up to you at a later date ;)

Not sure about the amazon prime thing. I don't buy enough from there to seriously consider it.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tommyboy wrote: »
    I checked their website to see what amazon prime was kinda confused... Ok so you get "free" two day shipping on anything but don't you get free shipping for I think $25 bucks or more? Yes it usually takes me about 5 or 6 days to get my item but isn't it kinda a rip off to pay 80 bucks to get your item a few days earlier...

In other words, is there some other advantage I am missing with amazon prime?

not everything $25 and more qualifies for free shipping. the items must state that they qualify. before i had prime, those smaller purchases left me having to add "filler items" to get me over and above the $25 mark to be set. with prime, EVERYTHING ships for free via 2nd day delivery. and it drops the price for overnight shipping as well.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I haven't had a problem driving myself to stores to buy common consumer goods that would cause me to consider it. I use Amazon from time to time, though.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i's gotsta pinch mah pennies.

hey dave, i'll pinch sump'n for you. a loaf.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You should get on XBox Live so we can tear that loaf up later.
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i's gotsta pinch mah pennies.

hey dave, i'll pinch sump'n for you. a loaf.

BIZILL needs a pacifier when he plays. I got somethin' for you, brah. :D
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have yet to finalize Nov's schedule. Thinking about giving myself the day off when this game finally lands.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Demiurge wrote: »
    BIZILL needs a pacifier when he plays. I got somethin' for you, brah. :D

my ****. seems SOMEONE needs a new headset. i KNOW you were wantin' to shut me the hell up, but you couldn't. SCORE on my end! so hurry up and replace that bitc4 and "let's do this".

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Two weeks! :D More anticipated than Christmas.
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Two weeks! :D More anticipated than Christmas.

yell yeah, I cant wait!
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am canceling my pre-order at GameStop. With Wal-Mart giving a $20 gift card for a pre-order, and Amazon matching that with free shipping, I had to ask myself "why am I paying full price at Gamestop?"
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    I am canceling my pre-order at GameStop. With Wal-Mart giving a $20 gift card for a pre-order, and Amazon matching that with free shipping, I had to ask myself "why am I paying full price at Gamestop?"

paying a little extra for the midnite release!! thru amazon i doubt you'll recieve it on the release date, so you are paying for an extra 24-36 hours of playtime:o Oh and with Gamestop you are enrolled in that cheesy daily giveaway contest they have going
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2009
    Options
    that's only good if you take the next day of work off. did that with halo 2. played for just a short time then went to bed. i believe the amazon is slated to deliver to your home the release date. i think.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i believe the amazon is slated to deliver to your home the release date. i think.

True for Amazon prime subscribers.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i'm trying to get back up to 55 before release of mw2 as i have decided to go prestige mode. i'm already at 30 so should be no sweat.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2009
    Options
    acsubie wrote: »
    paying a little extra for the midnite release!! thru amazon i doubt you'll recieve it on the release date, so you are paying for an extra 24-36 hours of playtime:o Oh and with Gamestop you are enrolled in that cheesy daily giveaway contest they have going

I never quite understood this... No offence or anything but you been waiting a year for this game whats the harm in a few more days (or hours). But do what you want, I'll be using my 20 bucks and cash I woulda spend on shipping and tax for a new game!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Did you hear they are having a 3rd person game mode for multiplayer (not in single player)? The PC hardcore are all upset about it, but it could be fun for a session or two. I'm sure most people will be sticking to the standard modes.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited October 2009
    Options
    it's a gameplay mode, just like HQ, team deathmatch, domination, etc. i don't understand why people get upset at the addition of a mode that they easily don't have to play.

i think it's brilliant on IW's part. try to capture some of the people who play SOCOM and GR.
  • Shizelbs
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm going to get after that Amazon deal. Thanks for posting it.
  • acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited October 2009
    Options
    didnt realize Amazon had release date delivery, canceled my gamestop and went thru amazon
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sooo.....I went with the Amazon deal, too, since they now have guaranteed release date delivery for their non-Prime customers! Might as well take advantage of that extra $20 to put towards Assassin's Creed II. :cool:
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sooo.....I went with the Amazon deal, too, since they now have guaranteed release date delivery for their non-Prime customers! Might as well take advantage of that extra $20 to put towards Assassin's Creed II. :cool:

Where did you see they guaranteed that? If so, I'll put mine in too.
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Shipping Method: Release-Date Delivery

It costs you $6.00 ($5.95), but you still get the $20 credit to spend one other stuff.
  • Shizelbs
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ordered via Amazon and scheduled myself to be off the evening of the 10th.
  • BIZILL
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i just hope i don't have to wait too long after i get home from work for ups to deliver. they usually deliver 2 hours after i get situated.

xbox users unite. let's set that date to play online. though i'm sure it already goes without saying.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote: