Best crossover for RT35i

Options
Hi, I have a new SVS 20-39PC+ on the way. It will be used with my RT35i fronts Atrium 45 rears and RT25's in the back. I use a Denon 3803 receiver.

Currently I have my crossover set to 80 with an old Pioneer sub but was wondering if anyone could make a recommendation.

I will be calibrating the SVS when it arrives but after re-reading the specs for the 35's, I'm thinking I might want to start out with a crossover at 125.

Thanks, Dune
Post edited by BLAKERANDY on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I set mine around 80 hz
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    Options
    First, nice to see someone else using Atrium's as rears. I think quite a few folks are missing out.

Like MX said, start with 80Hz, see where you end up. If you run your mains as 'large', you might end up around 60Hz for a good blend. Running at 'small', 80 will probably hit the nail on the head.

125 will be easily localized, and **** with the SVS. When I talked with the owners, 120 was the absolute top end for that model, and not recommended.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Russ,
    First, nice to see someone else using Atrium's as rears. I think quite a few folks are missing out
    Yeah if your roof leaked you'll be cool.:lol::p
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Make sure to disable the filter on the SVS (there is a switch) if you are filtering at the receiver. Use L or R line level input. Set your sub volume to -3 on the AVR and adjust volume at the sub for calibration purposes.

You're in for a real treat with this sub - please post your reactions after you get it set up.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • BLAKERANDY
    BLAKERANDY Posts: 2
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Thanks all for your reply's. I don't think the SVS is going to show up by the weekend so I'll have to let you know how it all went sometime next week.

I'm currently set at 80 so that's where I'll start. I'm really looking forward to getting everything fine tuned.

Thanks, Dune