Cs1000

Devildog
Devildog Posts: 68
edited February 2003 in Troubleshooting
Does anyone have any experience with the CS1000 constantly making a clicking sound (like the amp is ccyling on and off)? The unit works fine when the switch is set to off (without the woofers, of course) but when I switch it back to "auto", the clicking starts. I've already unplugged it, unhooked the speaker level connections (it is bi-wired) and reconnected them. Same result. Please advise.
The Revolution will not be televised.
Post edited by Devildog on

Comments

• Devildog
    edited February 2003
    Thank you very much Ken, for all the great suggestions. I'll start with the speaker wires and I'm getting the ohm meter today. Right now I'm sort of hoping the wires are the problem. Polk really does have great support and this forum puts it over the top. Rick
  • Devildog
    edited February 2003
    To answer my own post, and re-post, I guess it was asking a bit much of the forum to troubleshoot the clicking, but I just want to say that Ken Swauger gives great credit to this forum and to Polk Audio by the way he personally handles an owner's problems. He walked me through a series of steps over a period of two days and we determined that the problem was with the amp. The help that this man gives and the Polk Forums make Polk the best speaker investment I've ever made, and I'm old and have owned a lot of gear, both for my home and my cars. THANK YOU !