polk csi400
polk rt35i(rears)
polk psw650
Bettercables all around
Onkyo 787
pioneer 45a
sony KP57WS500
hughes tivo(direct tv)

It rips with movies, but I hate it with music, it just doesnt sound clear. Friends referring me to upgrade to denon 3803 or 4803, just wondering if anyone felt the same about music through the onkyos, and if someone has used denon with the polk speakers..

PS- in response to the thread a few back about pioneer vs. denon in dvd, as advised go to hometheaterforum.com and read the shootout article. Panasonic and Denon did very well.
Post edited by DrMarengo on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I feel that rt series speaker mate the best with Denon.They bring out the best in each other.I'll agree with you about the way Onkyo presents thereselves.I have alot of experience with there high end line in Integra.Good solid movie performer(to a respected point) and horrible at music playback.
    My best advice would be the Denon avr3803 with your system.You could go avr4803 but I don't see the need, not to mention it's not out yeat.You would have to get the older avr4802.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2003
    Options
    If you are looking for a more "musical" receiver in this price range you might want to audition a NAD T762. Here is a link: NAD T762

NAD still builds quality 2 channel audio gear and that carries through to their HT equipment. NAD is considered by some to be entry level audiophile gear with a good bang for the buck. It's not for everyone but I like the NAD sound. I like Denon also and think the 3803 would be a good choice...but if you can find one give the NAD a listen.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson