RT5 Tweters

Options
ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
edited March 2009 in Troubleshooting
How can you tell if your tweeters are on their way out? I've started to notice some slight distortion type sounds - it really just starts to sound "lo-fi" if that makes sense - in the upper midrange of some recordings.

It seems to only become a problem in really "full" recordings where a lot of instruments/voices are in the same range. I've noticed it more in recordings by bands like Interpol and Modest Mouse. Everytime I hear this 'distortion' I move to some Damien Rice to make sure its not just the recording and his stuff sounds fine but the separation is definitely greater so I do feel as if it is my speakers or receiver ruining the upper mids.

Any ideas?
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Maybe a crossover problem?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010