Options
2»

Comments

• woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

They also sold (early Recoton days) Advent, before they went Tango-Uniform. Laurets, Ruby, Jade. The last decent offerings from the late Kloss Advent corp.

Actually, at the same time, they sold Eosone, a bit pricey, but good speakers nontheless. For those who may or may not know, Polk had their hands in Eosone.

By, the way Russ...thanks for this. I had a pair of Advent Jade towers for a couple of years and really liked them...just replaced them last year with the RT2000is, but will always have a soft-spot for Advent...of that era and before, of course. Not after.

I also still use an Eosone 12" sub. It is excellent of rmovies, but a bit boomy on music...but not so bad that I have felt the need to replace it yet. I wondered whatever happened to that company. Thanks! Wood
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by fireshoes
    In walls are kind of a tough thing to judge in a store. The best pair at my store sound like poo til you get them in a house, then they rock.
    They must have done something wrong when they installed the Klipsch . They've got all the inwalls setup on opposite sides of each other. I got in their and there wasn't anybody in the room and the system was on. I flipped the cd to fourplay, cranked up the 3803 and started listening to all of the inwalls. No salesman to bug me, nobody around at all. It was like heaven! Finally a salesman comes around and I asked him if any of these inwalls have directional tweeters because I could notice on some of the speakers, once you go a little off axis, the highs drop right off. He said noone has ever asked him that question! And of course, he didn't have an answer. And for some reason, they think you can't put a rectangular inwall in the ceiling. If you go ceiling, instead of wall, you should go round. I haven't ever heard that before, but I need a round one anyways, so I didn't bother to ask for an explanation. I settled on the Infiniti's sounding the best.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited February 2003
    Options
    And for some reason, they think you can't put a rectangular inwall in the ceiling. If you go ceiling, instead of wall, you should go round. I haven't ever heard that before, but I need a round one anyways, so I didn't bother to ask for an explanation. I settled on the Infiniti's sounding the best.
    wallstreet,
    round inceiling speakers are designed to be just that.In the ceiling.Rectangular inwall speakers are also just that,designed to be in the wall.
    You can put inceiling's in the wall if you like,it looks like your on a ship.And if it may,you can also put inwall spekers in the ceiling but they look silly.Think about recessed lighting.
    Inwall/ceiling aren't just for floor space,it's also an esthetics thing.Think about it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by wallstreet
    Why isn't Polk in at Tweeter or Ultimate???

I bought my RT16's from Ultimate back in '96. From what the salespeople had told me, they just decided to go with other lines. I wish they would go back to Ultimate as well. One thing about Ultimate is that on demonstrative purposes alone, they squash the hell out of CC.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • wallstreet
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis

wallstreet,
    round inceiling speakers are designed to be just that.In the ceiling.Rectangular inwall speakers are also just that,designed to be in the wall.
    You can put inceiling's in the wall if you like,it looks like your on a ship.And if it may,you can also put inwall spekers in the ceiling but they look silly.Think about recessed lighting.
    Inwall/ceiling aren't just for floor space,it's also an esthetics thing.Think about it.

Check out these bad boy rectangular in ceilings...
    http://www.kef.com/products/ciseries/ci200qt.html
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options
    If the only reason for not putting rectangular speaks in the ceiling, then I say go for it. I get the point about round ones up front looking odd, but hey, get artistic and make an i out of the speakers......or you can go ! (you choose)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • wallstreet
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22
    If the only reason for not putting rectangular speaks in the ceiling, then I say go for it. I get the point about round ones up front looking odd, but hey, get artistic and make an i out of the speakers......or you can go ! (you choose)

I hear you. I'm going round all around.:rolleyes: But I have lots of upgrading to do in my "reference" HT before I start on the bedroom HT. But I am looking forward to putting a 12" sub under my bed!:D