Tbt II

Options
treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,398
edited July 2009 in The Clubhouse
This is a thread of respectable women that you would want to represent Polk Audio. Please keep it respectful and tasteful.

Who would you pick and why would you pick them as a representative for Polk Audio?

Here's my pick.

DGG-007902.jpg
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Let me get in before it goes sour...
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    edited March 2009
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This is a thread of respectable women that you would want to represent Polk Audio. ...
    Unfortunately, I don't know any respectable women, so I cannot comment or contribute ... :D!
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Pic's!...........of tasteful women that would represent Polk Audio appropriately that is........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    edited March 2009
    Options
    does Curt in those daisy dukes count?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No. Absolutely not.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options

Please repost.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited March 2009
    Options

No. I refuse. I don't want my pictures being exploited to all of these internet hooligans anymore.:rolleyes:
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Come on I missed the dukes! Where is it?
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Happy Saint Pat's:
    beer_girls.jpg
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think it's appropriate to repost:
    [IMG][/img]jizumbunchvan.jpg

Oh EF no! You made me throw up in my mouth!!!
    Sick ****!!!!!!!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ooh babes drinking beer........and they look so good with something in their M........

great song as well.

RT1
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2009
    Options
    so much for this staying respectful and tasteful
    Life without music would
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Here :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Stimulus ?
    smokin-hot-babe.jpg
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2009
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=28027&d=1191863196
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Her initials are PA, does that count ?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2009
    Options
    thsmith wrote: »
    Her initials are PA, does that count ?

No. But the fact that she has no taste whatsoever does. Nice try guys, but so much for a resurgence of the Tasteful Babe Thread.

Unless you meant Tasteless Babe Thread.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I liked: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1028784&postcount=1

and: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1028856&postcount=10 (although are obviously German, not Irish).

Everything else is pretty much tasteless IMO, and definitely not worthy of representing Polk Audio. Maybe I just have poor taste, or maybe we should start the Tasteless Babe Thread, or perhaps even the **** Babe Thread? It even turns me OFF, not ON, but then I am a bit odd, I suppose!

(Ben's #11 was obviously just for laughs.)
    Alea jacta est!
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What do you think of post 16?
    BTW post 11 was a trap. SK got me. I can not edit:(
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Everything else is pretty much tasteless IMO, and definitely not worthy of representing Polk Audio
    Post #1 isn't worthy of representing Polk? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

A good point has been brought up. This is NOT a **** thread. There are other websites for that and that was not my intention here. "TASTEFUL". Look it up in the dictionary before you post please.

Oh who am I kidding. Some folks are too lazy. Here is the definition of tasteful;

Having, exhibiting, or conforming to good taste

Now, here's the definition of taste for those who don't quite get it. ;)

Critical judgment, discernment, or appreciation. Manner or aesthetic quality indicative of such discernment or appreciation.

Now, can we please have some tasteful pic's?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Oh EF no! You made me throw up in my mouth!!!
    Sick ****!!!!!!!

damn Curt your body's hot but that face could cause a stock market meltdown!!!!

wait a second here... It IS CURT"S FAULT!!!!:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Rather than appearance being most important, how about someone with a great voice who is known to have very high quality recordings. Ya know; someone who helps polks sound like polks should sound!
    (I'm not up on my female vocalists so I can't lead off with an example, just an idea.)
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ahhh, you mean like sweet, sweet Norah?

norah.jpg

lrg-1-145138__norahjones_l.jpg
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Perhaps Sarah?

450_M2W_Sarah_081021.jpg

Sarah-McLachlan-s02.jpg

00018744.jpg

Oh, I do love her voice......
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Maybe a little Nelly Fertado?

439189687_27d9274777.jpg
  • BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nelly Fertado is good, but I can never get over the fact that she used to date this guy:
    MokaOnly2.jpg
    -_Moka_Only_Art.jpg
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    halle_berry.jpg

^^^Guess who this is?^^^
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Looks like a young Halle Berry.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ding, ding, ding. You know your women.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Tom,

Who is Sarah?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics