Matching the RT series

Options
Devildog
Devildog Posts: 68
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I'm slowly progressing towards system setup and have to ask the groups advice. I've Mantis wired my RT2000's and have relocated my subs (PSW650 and HSU VT-2) per Dr. Spec. There atop one another and between the front mains. I like it so far. Just starting to tweak now, just using the Denon 4802 internal tones with the Rat Shack SPL meter. Will be using Dr. Spec's tones and chart soon. My question is, What direct radiating rears are the match mates with my current speakers? I only want to use them for DVD-A and SACD in the rear corners. I'm using a CS1000 for my center, F/X 1000's for surround and F/X 500i's for surround rears. The DVD-A's sound nice but the surround is just too close with the side surrounds. :confused: Rick
The Revolution will not be televised.
Post edited by Devildog on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Maybe RT35s.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    Options
    RT5, RT25(i), RTi28, RT35(i), RTi38, RT600(i), RT1000(i), RTi100

To name a *few*.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited February 2003
    Options
    If your going wall mount then the rt35's would be the one.If your looking for a floor mount or stand mount,read Russ's list.
    The Rt35i's I used and for music they rocked.SACD and DVD Audio that is.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Options
    rt35i can rock, but they arnt good 2 channel speakers
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Devildog
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I checked our fleamarket and eBay, but not much for sale right now. Not on Audiogon either. Crutchfield is just selling the new LSi's (maybe someday), but does anyone have any leads? When I checked the specs I noticed that the match-up for my FX1000's seems to be the RT55i's or the RT800i's. Neither of these is on Russ's list. There's no rush though. BTW, do I ever have a lot of left over wire and gear. I never sold anything on the net but I'll probably start with the flea market here because this group has been the biggest help to me this past year. Great group and great forum. Makes me glad I have Polks all around (except that HSU)
  • moorefield
    moorefield Posts: 23
    edited February 2003
    Options
    they have identical tweeters and midrange so they will match the 2000's on the mids/highs. Also, you may want to match the model suffix as well. Either you have the RT2000, RT2000p or RT2000i. I can't distinguish the difference in my setup, but any you choose will be used...so you may as well match them as closely as possible.
  • Devildog
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I've got 2000i's in front. So I'll shoot for the RT55is' or the RT35i's. I have to agree with some members on another thread that if I had it do do over I would avoid those powered towers. The RT800's would have gone great with my two outboard subs (unless Dr. Spec moved in next door). Moorefield, I see you have a Denon receiver and DVD also. I use mine with a POA5200 for my fronts. I thought about bi-amping but unless I had the RT3000p's, I guess thats impossible.