Options
2»

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Made my purchase!!!!

I got the Onkyo TX-SR500. a pair of R15's, a CSi20, and a bunch of wire. Its even fun just watching it sit in their boxes.

Here is my problem though. I have a test tomorrow, worth 1/15th of my total semester GPA. So I can't play with any of it until tomorrow. I am sad, but also excited.

Again, my deepest thanks to all of you that have helped me out with this decision.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Just think of the "unboxing" as your reward for doing well on the test...

Now go study...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Here is the final chapter to this story.

So, I stayed up all night studying for my exam. Did little good; I am sure I failed it. Just typing "pharmacotherapeutics" is difficult enough, let alone studying it. But, the one good thing that happened in my hours of the night, I decided that the 500 Onkyo was not enough. No, I needed the 600. So, I went straight back to my store and returned my unopened 500 and traded in for the 600. The dealer laughed at me.

Thanks again, and I will be having fun setting up my new gear!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Been there... done that...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    I decided that the 500 Onkyo was not enough. No, I needed the 600. So, I went straight back to my store and returned my unopened 500 and traded in for the 600. The dealer laughed at me.

Thanks again, and I will be having fun setting up my new gear!

Wise move, grasshopper. :)
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • rwrvpem
    rwrvpem Posts: 32
    edited February 2003
    Options
    How do you like the onkyo? I am a Denon fan since I bought my 4802 but would like to know what other people think about other receivers.