Well what started as a $300 .....

CRUNCH
CRUNCH Posts: 10
christmas gift ( sony system from walmart) turned into "honey, if you dont mind i`ll add a little money and upgrade just a bit". 1500 later i now have onk 600, polk rm6700 and the 404;). i plan to install tomarrow. btw i have lurked on the board for 2 weeks now and read past topics on cables and wire. i was at home depot and was looking at the 14 ga when i saw some green. not much but just a little as if it was a line. closer inspection on the 250ft spool stickers just below- 2 cond 14 ga. 120 volts- was the following....marker 2 green threads. could this be the culprit of the "hd turns green'
Post edited by CRUNCH on

Comments

• etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited February 2003
    Greetings ! :D

All wire has someway of distinguishing + from -
    sometimes it's writing on the insulation or a ribbed surface (as opposed to flat or shiny for the other,sometimes one is silver in color/the other copper colored)
    and sometimes it's just a piece of colored thread (red/green etc.)

It really doesn't matter what side you use for + or - just make sure you keep it consistent at amp and speaker ends

(Green thread at + amp/receiver out to + speaker in)

Hope this helps ! and "Welcome" to the forum - Stick around-
    many knowledgable and friendly (and Effin' funny comedians)
    here !

Ed (Dr. Spec)-Forget SVS- HE is the Bass authority
    Russman-funny 'effer and very knowledgable
    Troy-ScottVamp-Mantis-Ganzo-Ron-P (wish I had a 1/4 of his knowledge of tools and building/construction and the time to get to Disney 5 days a week:supermad: ;) ) sorry to the ones I did not list-many others!

Have fun,Enjoy...Your upgrades have just begun :lol:

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2003
    crunch, you are on the road now, welcome to the forum
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2003
    if the coper is turning grey or black that is a bad thing. i have used the very cheap stuff when i first started 10 years ago it is good but it crodes in 2-3 years. it will still work but not as good. in a year you might want to upgrade to a good cabble not monster cabble but sothing like it thet is oxygen free. monster is overpriced. look at maybe ar or a brand like it. just as good but much cheaper.
  • CRUNCH
    CRUNCH Posts: 10
    edited February 2003
    and the input. i must say this ht stuff has been fun so far. what can we do, when their are no t-rex`s around to spear !:D