Winter finally begins

Options
NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
edited December 2008 in The Clubhouse
-6 with a -36 windchill...looking to stay around-30 to -40 windchills most all day..........
new snow in the driveway
Happy Holidays to all
Post edited by NotaSuv on

Comments

• Motzart
    Motzart Posts: 1,075
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I woke up an hour ago to it being 84 degrees in my apartment. I turned off the thermostat and the heat is still pumping. I took the thermostat off the wall and spread the two wires out away from each other and it's still pumping. It's now 87 in here. I sent a text message to the landlord.

oh wait it says 89 degrees in here!!!!

WOW a apartment with a Florida room....rent must be expensive!! :D

Yamaha RX-A710 90Watt 7.1
    Mains: RTi A1's Center: CS150 Sats: RT15i's Sub: Velodyne DPS-10
    Music CD: Sony CDP-CE375 5 Disk
    HD TV: Vizio 42" LCD 1080p E420VO
    Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S350
    DVD: Sony DVP-NC665P 5 Disk
    AV Rack: Sanus Euro EFAB-II Audio Base x2 EFAS-II Audio Expansion Shelf x4
    Cables Used: Monster Cable HPD Sony HDMI DLCHE18W
    Phones: Sennheiser HD280 Pro
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    edited December 2008
    Options
    suns up and its now -12 :) keep our heat usually around 67-68 but today up to 70

good day to stay inside, warm and listen to tunes
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,620
    edited December 2008
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    suns up and its now -12 :) keep our heat usually around 67-68 but today up to 70

good day to stay inside, warm and listen to tunes

Just got in from blowing the driveway, yep -12 degrees and a good stiff breeze - that will cool you off in a hurry :D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Its in the 50s today. Much colder then the 70 degress we had the past 2 days.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I woke up an hour ago to it being 84 degrees in my apartment. I turned off the thermostat and the heat is still pumping. I took the thermostat off the wall and spread the two wires out away from each other and it's still pumping. It's now 87 in here. I sent a text message to the landlord.

I bet you really cant wait for your new house to close now :eek:

I dont know, wouldnt too much heat be easier to deal with where you guys live then if the heat petered out ? At least you can open windows to cool off...that heat goes all the way out and then you are really hurting.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2008
    Options
    High of +31F here today. Got another inch of snow, added to the 4 inches we got on Friday. Calling for another 1-3" in scattered showers through the day. High temp tonight is supposed to be around +10f. Really wish I had gotten my new windows in this summer :(. What I couldn't spend then for windows, I'll be spending now for heat.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2008
    Options
    +54 degrees here right now....at 9:35:36 am ..just had a nice little 4.1 earthquake ( San Andreas fault about 300 feet behind my house ) to start the Sunday morning. :Dhttp://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/nc51213534.htm
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited December 2008
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    -6 with a -36 windchill...looking to stay around-30 to -40 windchills most all day..........
    new snow in the driveway
    Happy Holidays to all

We're in the same boat down here in IL today. -7 when I woke up with -30 wind chill. And for some reason, my damn dogs have had to go out way more than normal. I'm gonna install an indoor doggy toilet or something. This sucks.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,884
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Winter started 3weeks ago here, as soon as snow stays on the ground!
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited December 2008
    Options

Chances are the zone valve controlling your apt is stuck open. We finally got our first cold spell here starting saturday it's -36 out at the moment the expected high for wednesday is -40.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D