"Low level LFE connection method!"

Options
Sumflow
Sumflow Posts: 64
Should I be going into the Line In (Unfiltered) port with one wire, instead of splitting the signal into the ports marked Line In (filtered)?
OK I asked this question over two weeks ago. Unable to get an answer I had to break it down into kindergarten sized pieces to finally get answers from Polksters.

Following the illustrations in Polk’s book resulted in double filtering of the subwoofers signals.

Polk’s web site said,
"Resist all temptation to use the subwoofer output jack-please!

This statement has caused me a lot of grief. Today’s modern equipment is perfectly able to use the subwoofer outlet. That is what it is there for.

What I learned here is that in my case
all of the low tones from every source are reproduced using the low level LFE connection method to the sub.

Letting your Amp divert the Low signals directly to your subwoofer
lightens the demands on your amp making it easier for it to use it's full force concentrating on mids and highs.

By using the
"low level LFE connection method," to your sub, hook up will be easyer. One Moster Cable.

It will result in
more efficient management of current demands on your Amp and better sound.
"At the first bend, I had the clear sensation that Tazio had taken it badly and that we would end up in the ditch; I felt myself stiffen as I waited for the crunch. Instead, we found ourselves on the next straight with the car in a perfect position. I looked at him, his rugged face was calm, just as it always was, and certainly not the face of someone who had just escaped a hair-raising spin. I had the same sensation at the second bend. By the fourth or fifth bend I began to understand; in the meantime, I had noticed that through the entire bend Tazio did not lift his foot from the accelerator, and that, in fact, it was flat on the floor. As bend followed bend, I discovered his secret. Nuvolari entered the bend somewhat earlier than my driver's instinct would have told me to. But he went into the bend in an unusual way: with one movement he aimed the nose of the car at the inside edge, just where the curve itself started. His foot was flat down, and he had obviously changed down to the right gear before going through this fearsome rigmarole. In this way he put the car into a four-wheel drift, making the most of the thrust of the centrifugal force and keeping it on the road with the traction of the driving wheels. Throughout the bend the car shaved the inside edge, and when the bend turned into the straight the car was in the normal position for accelerating down it, with no need for any corrections."

Enzo Ferrari
Post edited by Sumflow on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Options
    HERE WE GO AGAIN! *pulls up lawn chair, and pops some popcorn, and grabs a soda* watches for the replies..*puts on sunglasses to sheild eyes from the blue and red*
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Options
    USE the ****' lfe out then, you pineapple eatin' ****.

Anyone else sense a 'Bad Moon on the Rise' here?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Thats why I pulled up my lawn chair, u want one too? Hes asked this same exact effin question 4 effin times....gets that pine apple outta yo hands and do some testing...
    u should of said a BLUE moon on the RED sunrise
    I can't fraking believe - the same question again!!!!!! - Scottvamp

Its pitiful aint it??
    Polk’s web site said, "Resist all temptation to use the subwoofer output jack-please! - Sumflow
    Can someone DRILL this into his skull, he uses it in every EFFIN POST
    OK I asked this question over two weeks ago. Unable to get an answer I had to break it down into kindergarten sized pieces to finally get answers from Polksters. - Sumflow
    WTF! COULDNT GET IT OUT OF US? DO WHAT! WE ANSWERED UR EFFIN QUESTION! LIKE! 4 EFFIN TIMES! DANG! LISTEN TO UR EARS! STOP ASKING AND DO! PLUG IT UP BOTH EFFIN WAYS! DONT THINK! DO!!!! FOR GOD SAKES!
    Mx, ya got another chair for me, buddy - F1Nut
    Pulls out a nice lawn chair with a drink holder and popcorn bag holder, what would u like to drink? :lol:!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I can't fraking believe - the same question again!!!!!!
    Killing me man!!!!!!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Mx, ya got another chair for me, buddy :lol:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Nvm...ill answer his question...again! DUDE! its just a connection, try it out...Plug it in via speaker wire, IF u DO NOT like it - try the LFE connection, which sounds best to you, do that. Stop asking the same question....
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I must admit getting a big laugh out of this thread.

I don't think Sumflow was asking a question. He was simply stating what he has (slowly) learned.

Sumflow: set all your speaks to small, your filter point to 80 Hz on your receiver, your LFE level to -3 on your receiver, and run one RCA cable from the sub out on the receiver to the LFE (unfiltered) port on the sub. Adjust bass volume AT the sub to your tastes.

Don't ask why anymore. Just do it. This is sound advice and you will not be missing any bass or double filtering and you will reap the benefits of better mids and highs and a cooler running receiver amp and less speaker wire running all over creation.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Maybe he's like that guy in the movie "Memento" who got whacked on the head and thereafter couldn't form new memories. The guy in the movie used to tatoo important info all over his body (hint, hint). ;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!