Soni caps vs....

Options
ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited September 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Well Dayton's have been the cheapo leaders I will never suggest them over Sonicaps for highs again. If budget is a constraint They are much better than stock. For highs if you are doing an upgrade the sonicaps are worth the money. They are the closest to an active XO so far that I have seen. Anything in the signal path has some sort of an effect. The sonicaps have the least sonic impact of all compared to full active XO's so far as I can tell.
Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2008
    Options
    you mean that you strayed away from them? I am totally devastated that you would do such a thing :eek:

Good night ,Ben :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I used Sonic Craft caps for the high end for my SRSII's and could not be more happy.

By the way I love the following
    Originally Posted by TroyD
    CL35 has no idea what he's talking about, pay him no attention. He wouldn't know good sound if it crawled up his leg and bit him on the ball bag.

BDT
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've used Dayton and Sonic Caps for the highs and lows in a few different speakers.

I agree, Sonic Caps are the better capacitor for most applications. The only time I would recommend Dayton instead of Sonic Caps is if you needed a forward sounding cap. Solen are even more forward, but are shrill up top and can make vocals sound nasal.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche