Polk Speakers Parts List

Options
zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited November 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
If there is enough interest, I was thinking about creating a sticky that has the parts list for all Polk speakers. I feel this would be a good resource for anyone who is rebuilding or modifying their speakers. It would take me a little while to compile, but if members are interested, I'd be willing to do it.

Crossover.jpg
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Absolutely a great idea. Thank you.
  • JosephH1
    JosephH1 Posts: 17
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That is a fantastic idea that would be much appreciated!
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited August 2008
    Options
  • IrishNiner
    IrishNiner Posts: 116
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes!! Thanks!!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That would be an awesome idea. One problem is that some older Polk's are not completely true to the model they are listed as. There are some transition models that very slightly. Also I see trouble with people not identifying what they have properly. It is best to open your speakers to see what is inside. A how to sticky with links to some of the better work done by Polkies would be a great addition if this does fly.
    Thank Jake.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • zingo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have some time today to start compiling lists. You make a good point Ben I will make sure to post some sort of disclaimer or warning that not every parts list is applicable to every speaker, just a good guideline.

Thanks for the links Las and I'll use them to save me a little work. :p
  • acerjac
    acerjac Posts: 28
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Is this list available still? I know I am a little late.

Mark
  • acerjac
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well then the list for the SDA 2 wouldnt be available by chance yet would it? I think I have a problem with my crossover on my left channel. The array speakers stopped working the other night. Tested the drivers and they are working fine.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There are schematics posted here for nearly every Polk speaker made on which you will find all the parts. You can also look at the actual crossover and see the same info.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polkie4life
    polkie4life Posts: 231
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It would be good to be able to cross reference drivers in particular. It'd be nice to have a list compiled so you could easily see what alternative drivers could be used in different speakers.
    In terms of audio, i truly feel sorry for the visually impaired. How can they know what they like if they cant read google?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=86838
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The schematics for the SDA/Monitor series show what drivers are used, I'm not sure about the others. That said, there are no alternative drivers. For example, if your speaker uses a MW6510, no other MWxxxx driver will match it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Raife recommends using Monster Z2 for the SDA IC upgrade but he says to use the same wire that you used to connect your amps to the speakers.

Same gauge wire, not necessarily the same wire. Some of you guys are running some fairly expensive speaker cable.;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • zingo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    POLK AUDIO - Speaker Parts List

This is a sticky on the top of the DIY, Mods, Tweaks for anyone who wants the parts lists separate from the schematics.
  • acerjac
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thats what I need. Thanks Zingo. Now I can order these and install them myself without too much trouble? Do you think that someone should tackle this without experience?