Options
2»

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dc55110 wrote: »
    Ear candling... A little unnerving the first time but works wonders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_candling

Try that and yes it works wonders. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm not allowed to used a lighter, or matches:(
    Thanks
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well the directions said to place 5-10 drops in each ear, and leave it there for 10 minutes. I didn't have cotton so I used bolts.
    DSCN1155.jpg?t=1218830516
    One is a 1/4 20x2 1/2. The other is a SDA bolt used to hold the large inductors.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Roflol

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited August 2008
    Options
    OMFG! LMFAO!!!!
    Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I had a problem hearing out of my right ear for awhile and still do from time to time. Sinus pressure related. Blowing the presuure out holding th enose trick only worked or a few seconds. Drove me nuts. Sounded like my ears were clogged with wax, and in some cases they were. This issue also caused me to have some pretty severe and contant headaches. Another symptom was my right nostril was always closed up. I belive it all started when I hit the bottom of my pool on a long shallow dive. I thin I slightly broke my knows, although I didn't know it at the time (The blood running down my face was enough of an indicator). :o

I had to pump the HT balance to my right speaker to get it to sound right to me (Didn't make the wife happy though).

I finally saw an ENT and the hearing test definately indicated a pressure problem in the ear. After being scoped, it turned out I had nasal polyps. Treated with Corticosteroids and Antibioitcs and after just a few days, night and day-I could hear again. Oh and the headaches went away too. I still have to maintain a regimin of nasal sprays and saline, but wow. I can enjoy music again -in stereo :cool:. I still get the headaches once in awhile, usually when I have a sinus issue, but almost definately when my right nostroil closes up. I read somewhere ther e is a link to headaches and the nostril walls tocuhing-I think it was called contact headaches or something like that. So my headaches and hearing issues could have been separate or could have been related to each other. Not sure, but thought I would share.

So if it cleaning doesn't work or it goes on to long-see a Dr.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • ben62670
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I sent my Mom a link. She cried. She isn't very proud:o
    I figured I like to do Franken Polks so I just ran with it.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What about in that Star Trek movie--that little bug that was put into an ear-I think The Wrath of Kahn??

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • tugboat
    tugboat Posts: 393
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Well the directions said to place 5-10 drops in each ear, and leave it there for 10 minutes. I didn't have cotton so I used bolts.
    DSCN1155.jpg?t=1218830516
    One is a 1/4 20x2 1/2. The other is a SDA bolt used to hold the large inductors.

I hope there aren't any complications. I was always told that stainless 316 bolts 3/8 x 20 with left hand threads had to be used. Oh, and don't torque past 10nm. :D

I once had a ball of wax in my ear that drove me crazy. It would roll back and forth and my hearing would go in and out. I tried everything and one day it just rolled out on its own.

I used to have ear problems as a kid and they would use suction once a month and scrape the walls to keep it perfectly clear while a tube inside my drum drained fluid.
    Driver carries only 20 dollars in ammunition

Pedestrians have the right of way, unless they are in the way
  • ben62670
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yep tuggy. When I was a kid I had lots of problems. I remember going to the doctor a lot to get my ears scraped. The Doctor used a pick type of tool to remove the hardened wax from an already sensitive ear. Not a good memories. Having small ear canals did not help the matter much.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is it.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    This is it.

I just waiting on Ca. to legalize and then the whole country will follow suit. I cant wait. then I wont have to continue to take these prescribed pain killers for my chronic back pain even after i had L4&L5 worked on last year.

Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • ben62670
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    This is it.

That would be good for making brownies:D
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Man my right ear is good, but me left is still swimming. Rubbing alchohol? I have less than 10 hrs before the guys start showing up. This sucks. Lots of good gear is coming!!!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You probably need some Sudafed (decongestant). All the stuff you are doing is for the outer ear. If you have pressure on the inside, you need to open up your eustation canals to let things drain. Decongestant is the only what that will happen. Vapor rub can help too.

If all else fails, cannabis will make things sound great and make you forget about the ear pressure ;)

Hope you have fun today. I most likely won't be making it. Not enough sleep, my wife is wiped out and too much going on around the house.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2008
    Options
    and if you have any increased pressure in the eyes (occular),,,mary jane can help decrease it. Have fun today. ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Swimmers ear should work also.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • ben62670
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well don't just talk about her. Bring her over :D
    Thanks
    Ben