Denon avr3803 warning!!!!!!!

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Denon's avr3803 and the avr5803 have video upconverting problems.Everysingle one I have installed failed.
The receiver (avr3803)has all the right parts of making the best again at it's pricepoint.It's loaded up this year with more inputs,new remote and video upconverting.
The amp section sound exactly the same as the avr3801 and avr3802.
The volume ramps up alittle slower,which is a good thing.
I really don't have much more you yeah on this.I'd wait untill Denon fixes the proplems before you buy one.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Denon often seems to have problems with internal playback of A/V. My Denon 2800 is not worth that much now because they had to revamp it and "II" - ****.
    Anyway thanks for the warning but I'll $hit a monkey if your going to change the mind of someone on "THIS" forum buying a $4000 dollar flagship. I mean people are talking about GLUEING there freaking speakers together up in here. Had too!!!!! :D
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    Options
    well 4,000 dollar flagships aren't for everyone.You buy what you can afford.I'm not different.I gotta budget.
    The glue thing..........well I'll stay away from that.
    Dan
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    mantis, sounds like the job is doing well. Getting to hear alot of the new equipment out there. Cool!!!! I really want a job like yours. ****!!!!:lol:
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2003
    Options
    So is DENON even aware of this and have they indicated what their ETA for the fix is?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    Options
    We have notified Denon on this problem,no ETA when it will be resolved.They are looking into it.
    I hope they fix it fast.The Denon avr3803 could be a screaming receiver.video upconverting is big.if you think about it,vcr's dvd's hdtv's videogames laser disks....etc...if you run all these video sources or more,it would be real nice to send them all to your monitor with one cable.Pioneer Elite vsx49tx has done a 100% great job at this.No errors there.I assume the Kenwood sovern is also flawless,I haven't heard any complaints from the boys.
    Dan
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2003
    Options
    What exactly is the problem and how many units?

I haven't read anything else about such a problem which is surprising considering the popularity of the Denon line.

Is Tweeter going to stop selling them until the problem is solved?
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    Options
    What exactly is the problem and how many units
    The problem is video upconverting.The ability to pass composite and S video out the Component.
    The avr3803 and the avr5803 has problems doing so.The avr5803 cuts the screen in hald and one side is displyed in green and the other in red.......
    The avr3803 stops passing the video signal.Sometimes the S video stops or the composite.Component pass threw seems to work good.HDTV and Progressive seems ok.
    I'll keep this updates as I find out more.
    Is Tweeter going to stop selling them until the problem is solved?
    I would hope so,But I'm not sure.I talked to the VP of Install and he put it on the list.
    Dan
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    I talked to the VP of Install and he put it on the list.

There's a **LIST**?!?!?!?!?!? Scary.........

What else is on it and why?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.