Analysis plus bananas...

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
edited May 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Anyone ever work with these? How are they crimped, on the thick rear sleeve? Doesn't seem right...
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited May 2008
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Anyone ever work with these? How are they crimped, on the thick rear sleeve? Doesn't seem right...

I use them all the time, the sleeve is actually pretty thin and crimps easily, easier then their spades do.
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2008
    Options
    So the thick sleeve is actually crimped...wow, that's some thick-**** metal. What crimp tool are using?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Gaara
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Some cheap one I bought at Radioshack, it was <$10 and has served me well for years.
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Thanks man, appreciate the help.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2008
    Options
    What size battery does that take?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    edited May 2008
    Options
    That's AudioQuest, not Analysis Plus with the bat pack.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I use a Klien crimper. They sell them at Home depot. They work great. I have some of those bananas. I shrink wrap after I crimp for a semi sealed Install.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Gaara
    edited May 2008
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Thanks man, appreciate the help.

Anytime.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2008
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's AudioQuest, not Analysis Plus with the bat pack.

It was some vibrator humor Mr. Literal, but thanks.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I also have those and have ran all new wires in Analysis and used these. They don't crimp real easy unless you use the right tool. The sleeve is thick and I also shrink wrap the ends to make it look complete and clean. I have a ratcheting crimper that made the job awhole lot easier. Really nice connectors. What are you using for wire?

Dave
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I,for some reason thought these were a solder connection...can also be crimped?
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I,for some reason thought these were a solder connection...can also be crimped?

They are crimp only, I would not solder these.

Dave
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    edited May 2008
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    It was some vibrator humor Mr. Literal, but thanks.
    Whoops, that one flew over my head :o. Mr. Literal here. Over and out.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited May 2008
    Options
    They are crimp only, I would not solder these.

Dave

Thanks Dave,I didn't mean to imply that they weren't a "crimp" style.

I've been thinking of picking up some of these myself.

I have some Signal Cable wires with this connector,I like the way they fit over the standard nannars.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Signal Cable solders them after crimping.