Old sub (PSW50) problems

Options
Priest4780
Priest4780 Posts: 1
edited December 2002 in Troubleshooting
Yes, I have not bought a new subwoofer in a while... But there is one thing that has been bugging me about my subwoofer. It works perfectly fine when I turn it on, but if i leave it on for a while, it will click and then output a steady, loud, and low frequency. I have no idea what it is, but when I turn it off and back on, it is fine again. I currently have it wired using the sub out on my receiver. Any help would be great... thanx...
Post edited by Priest4780 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for participating in the Forum. Here's an easy to do way of testing to see whether or not the problem is with the sub-woofer or not:
    1). turn the volume down on the sub-woofer all of the way and remove all of the connecting cables/wires but leave the AC power cord connected.
    2). I'm assuming you have a CD or DVD player as part of your system. If so find the right and left RCA cables that go from your player to the receiver and disconnect them at the receiver. Then bring the CD or DVD player over to the sub-woofer and provide AC power for the player.
    3). connect the right and left RCA outputs from the player to the right and left inputs on the sub-woofer and begin playing any CD (not a DVD) and turn the volume, on the sub-woofer, up slightly.
    4). there should be plenty of clear sounding bass with no noises. Let the entire CD play and, a the end, let the sub-woofer go into "standby" and hopefully there isn't any bad sounds.
    Let me know the results.
    Regards, Ken Swauger