Real First Hard ride this year.

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,185
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
Whats up all?
I got out of work early today and decided to break in the new tires. I only put a few miles on them since I got them due to a bad cold, change in weather etc. Well I'm still kinda sick but I didn't let that stop me.

I went to Penny Pack Park in Phila which is a pretty basic place to ride. You however can rack up all the miles you want as it's a huge park spanning over the North East. It consists of hard packed trails, paved which have alot of hard hills to climb. It's a beautiful place to go and just get away for a hour or 3.

The weather was very nice. It was around 75 when I got riding. This was about 4pm.

I had a extremely tuff 10 mile ride. Last year I could do a 10 mile ride no problem. Today was very different. The excitement wore off after the first .5 miles in which was on paved. 2.2 miles to I get to the hard packed wooded area I like to ride in. There is a water fall there which I like to stop, stretch out and water up. I like to ride without stretching for the first 2 miles to warm my muscles up. Then I like to stretch. This seems to work alot better then strecthing cold. Today I felt like I was weak and without any drive to even go anymore. So I tuffed it up and did my usual 10 mile run. It in the woods for 6 miles then another 2 paved. Only a few hills to climb and they really only flare up the leg muscles a bit. Today I almost had to get off the bike and walk them.

I put on a few pounds over the winter which I can't stand and I want nothing more then to lose them plus the other ones I have been trying to get off for years. I know I just broke a bad cold but I feel like crap about my ride. I'm proud of myself to force the ride but I feel weak and tired now. I'm gonna take it easy tonight and tomarrow at work.

Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2008
    Mantis.... congratulations on your ride! I think I may need a nap -- reading that made me have sympathy exhaustion.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    Good to hear. I need to buy a bike and start riding. Lots of good areas to ride around me.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2008
    dude, riding a bike AIN'T like riding a bike. meaning, sure, you remember how to ride once you get on. but getting back into the game after taking even a week off and you better realize you're starting from scratch! my endurance when i start back up is less than half of what it is when i'm seasoned.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited April 2008
    BIZILL wrote: »
    dude, riding a bike AIN'T like riding a bike. meaning, sure, you remember how to ride once you get on. but getting back into the game after taking even a week off and you better realize you're starting from scratch! my endurance when i start back up is less than half of what it is when i'm seasoned.

+1. I have to start off very slowly or else I end up overheating and not sweating efficiently during the first 30 min and I end up bonking out the rest of the ride. Sux to get older. You just don't recover as quickly.