My Blu-Ray Initiation: Sony BDP-S2000ES Blu-Ray Disc Player

13»

Comments

• morksbeanbag
    morksbeanbag Posts: 13
    edited October 2008
    Hehe. Well done Stevesun. I had a feeling the audio board swap would work. It runs on a +12v and -12v power supply if I remember correctly.

I removed a small and very neat R-core/Silmic based linear supply out of the DVP-S7700 (also has some very heavy anti resonant feet that would make an improvement over the S300 ones) that will work very well with the S1E audio board. It puts out about +18v and -18v but I can either fit some regualtion boards or I think the audio board has regulators on already so perhaps I'll fit some chunky heatsinks to them first.

Anything is better than running off that switched mode unit.

Does anyone know of a suitable material for extensive case damping. Some sort of adhesive rubber?
  • SteveSun
    SteveSun Posts: 14
    edited October 2008
    Hehe. Well done Stevesun. I had a feeling the audio board swap would work. It runs on a +12v and -12v power supply if I remember correctly.

I removed a small and very neat R-core/Silmic based linear supply out of the DVP-S7700 (also has some very heavy anti resonant feet that would make an improvement over the S300 ones) that will work very well with the S1E audio board. It puts out about +18v and -18v but I can either fit some regualtion boards or I think the audio board has regulators on already so perhaps I'll fit some chunky heatsinks to them first.

Anything is better than running off that switched mode unit.

Does anyone know of a suitable material for extensive case damping. Some sort of adhesive rubber?

Yes, you are right! +/- 12V, but there are three linear regulators: +10V, -10V, +5V right after the +/- 12V inputs.

Be careful about one thing: JRC2114 cannot handle voltage above 11V! You need to change all OPs first. When u r removing 2114, use a small screw driver pressed on the OPs, and using a micro cutter cuts all feet off. After that, use a tempco solder iron set temperature at 550 degrees to remove all the OP feet and clean all the solder pads with soldering braid. S1 or S1E DAC board is very dedicate to work with. On the power supply part, make sure u use good regulators like Linear LT1085/1033CT.
    2 channel audio:

1. Sony SCD-XA5400ES
    2. FM tuner: Quad FM4 (heavily modified from IF to output stage)
    3. Preamp: Quad 34 (all OPs changed to OPA2132P, OPA627BP, LME49710, power supply improved)
    4. Power Amp: Quad 306/606 (heavily modified)
    5. Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.1, Stirling LS3/5-II, Tannoy Autograph Mini, Quad 989.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    reviving a 10YO thread, I picked up one of the Sony BDP-S2000ES players
    a while back. Just inserted it in to the HT system again with wire world
    interconnects using the 2 channel audio out. I also set up the fronts
    with dual mono amps. Between all of these changes I'm digging redbook
    CDs. It's not perfect, but there is more air and tighter control of the bass
    on my 703's. B)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears