Problem of AMR-150 with Santa Cruz

Options
yoyomama
yoyomama Posts: 1
edited December 2002 in Troubleshooting
Hi there,
I just recently bought a set of Polk AMR-150, so far they sounded great, but I have problems setting up the speakers properly. I have tried both the analog setup and the digital setup. When I hook it up through the analogs, it works fine, but there is a huge amount of hiss at moderate volume. Also, the volume isn't as loud and bright compared to the digital setup with the volume knob set at the same position.

With the digital setup, I get clear and bright output from the front speakers but my rear is barely audible. I am using the 4.1 digital setup from the Santa Cruz, thus the front are hooked up through the digital out of the SC through the versa-jack, and the rears are hooked up through the analog out of the SC. If I try to balance it by using the fade control, the fronts will just decrease its volume to match the rears!! Thus, there is barely any volume.

Anyone out there with a SC hooked up to the AMR-150 that's producing quality sound right now?

Also, I noticed that on the AMR-150, the volume doesn't really increase until you turn the knob pass the 10:30 position, anyone have the same experience?

I'm also wondering if I got a defective unit, my serial num is 000114. Does that mean I have on of those early models, maybe a refurbished one? Under the speakers it says 10/2000 under the bar code. If that is the date, then I certainly bought one of the older models!!! I bought the speakers new from a reseller on the web and it was well wrapped with all the plastic wrapping new and cables properly packed. Even the registration card seems new. Hopefully I didn't bought one of the defective ones presumelly from an earlier date. Any help is appreciated as I really want to keep these speakers!!