The final days....

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
.....of college.

As of this morning, including today, I have 4 days left of my college career. It's been a long road, sometimes fun, mostly not. I don't have much work left to do however, I have one group project where 2 of the kids decided to do nothing so I have to do their part of project this weekend. I estimated it should take me about 15 hours to make up everything they didn't do. Nothing something I was looking foward to, but something I have to do in order to graduate.

On a brighter note, new TT gets delivered today as well as some new vinyl. Looking foward to doing alot of listening while I am making up all this work that I shouldn't be doing.

I can't wait for that day after my last day of class I wake up thinking I have no more college obligations. What a relief!
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2008
    If I were you I'd try to stay for a few more years. I'd take college obligations over what's coming to you every day :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    Congrats man. Enjoy the new TT
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2008
    Congrats, Be proud of your ability to stick to it.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    Oh, and yes, congrats ;)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    Staying for a few more years is not even remotely close to an option. Not even staying a few months longer. I have personal goals(starting my own business,etc) that I won't be able to do if I stay in school. Also, I want to get myself out of college debt asap and get my car paid off.

I really enjoy working and look foward to doing it full time and getting paid for it.

BTW Ricardo, I haven't forgotten about your cables, I've just been so bogged down with work and school that I haven't had the time I want to spend with my rig to see what the deal is. Not to mention I just got new interconnects so those need to burn in first.

Looking foward to getting home today and spinning that 180g DSOTM. :D
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    So what's that new TT you're expecting?????

SOPA
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited April 2008
    Congrats man... Off to the real world with you! :)
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    WTG Mark! I know you can't wait. Congrats!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,693
    edited April 2008
    cool... and your degree is (will be) in what? Congratulations!
    I enjoyed college so much, I went twice... I like to refer to grad school as 'remedial college' (sometimes also as 'boot camp').

Enjoy your new tointable, too!!! Now I realize that it was your graduation present!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    I dont think I'll ever be done.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2008
    Congrats, man; that's awesome!

I don't have much longer left at this community college, either; something like four weeks. Hopefully I'll buckle down and start getting a few more decent grades.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I dont think I'll ever be done.
    -Cody
    Oh, and Cody...your education is like your stereo in your truck...you're right...you'll never be done...

:D:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    Thanks everyone!
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    cool... and your degree is (will be) in what? Congratulations!
    I enjoyed college so much, I went twice... I like to refer to grad school as 'remedial college' (sometimes also as 'boot camp').

Enjoy your new tointable, too!!! Now I realize that it was your graduation present!

Degree will be in Entrepreneurship(Growth Venture focus), Small Business Management and a useless degree in Marketing(be surpised the relevent info you can get for other classes from marketing classes though).

The turntable is not a graduation gift by any means, I bought it myself out of need. :D

Ricardo....I bought a Pro-Ject RM5, same as what you had, but with a Sumiko Blue Point No. 2
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    Awesome. You should be very proud of yourself!congrats!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    Good job bud.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    Congrats! Are you gonna stay where you are for a while? Or are you gonna strike out on your own?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    That's a great TT. You'll enjoy it...until the upgrade bug hits ;)

SOPA
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    edited April 2008
    Congrats on your new TT and be done with college...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,693
    edited April 2008
    The turntable is not a graduation gift by any means
    Sorry... I meant to type (or at least imply) that it was a gift to yourself!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Sorry... I meant to type (or at least imply) that it was a gift to yourself!

that's more like it. :D
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited April 2008
    Don't forget to mail a **** to the two guys that skipped out on the class project. Let's hope you don't have to deal with them in the business world.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • GEBBY44
    GEBBY44 Posts: 939
    edited April 2008
    Congrats man! Graduating will be a glorious day. One more year left for me (Real Estate and Entrepreneurship) and it looks like I will go nowhere in this market. How bout all the recent business school Polkie graduates plot to take over Polk someday?! Kidding. But seriously, congrats man. Graduating is a lot harder than any of us thought it would be.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited April 2008
    Thanks everyone!

Degree will be in Entrepreneurship(Growth Venture focus), Small Business Management and a useless degree in Marketing

Good work to be sure ! Hard work always pays off.
    Sal Palooza
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    today was the 2nd to last day of class......mmmm I can taste it.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    Don't count your degree before it's hatched!:p;):D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2008
    congrats!!!
    i have a year left and I am getting excited. i cannot imagine how you are feeling right now.

good luck!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    Just finished a 20 page paper, well I'm on the 20th page and 4 lines short of making it a full 20. GOOD ENOUGH!

Just finished 2 powerpoint presentations, 15 slides each, both are 20 minute presentations, one of them is me rollin solo.

Earlier today when I went to school we finished a 35 page written business plan proposal for a company we made up.

Now if only I had the motivation to study for my final exam. I don't think so....gonna wing it. :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    Final Update before this is all over.

All presentation/group work is complete. All papers are written.

Studying for my final exam tomorrow as I write this. Tomorrow at 3:15 after 3 presentations and 1 final exam I am a free man.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    "Dear Mr. Lancer,
    Due to a computer glitch, ALL of your credits have been ERASED! Please resubmit your tuition check to....."
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited April 2008
    Congrats dude. 10 years ago I went back to college and did 3 years of Electronics Engineering Technologies. The longest 3 years of my life. I didn't have time to take piss ( 7 classes and 4 labs every term). And some of it was mind numbingly boring. I was so stoked when it was over. Like an elephant's foot had been on my chest for 3 years was finally lifted. Then I joined the 9 to 5 workforce and got my life back. I also re-aquainted myself with my son. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's