Lets welcome clubvikram

2»

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    It appears snoboarder77 is on the same track.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2008
    It's funny how some things just stand right out there in the open.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • snoboarder77
    snoboarder77 Posts: 16
    edited April 2008
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2008
    welcome

Why?
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2008
    4, 3, 2 ,1
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2008
    Ta Da! Snostuffer77 must have the 10 required posts to PM somebody! I have a challenge for him .............. I don't think he can put 10 words together to form a coherent and intelligent thought, hopefully I'll be proven wrong :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    I have a challenge for him .............. I don't think he can put 10 words together to form a coherent and intelligent thought, hopefully I'll be proven wrong :rolleyes:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited April 2008
    I wager 10 quatloos that the newcomers will have to be destroyed =-O * * *
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2008
    I concur with upping the post limit and having a time stipulation, but it may not work. If we up the post count we will see even more "nice rig" and ///\\\ posts. The time requirement should help as many will be dissuaded because they want to peddle their crap quick, as shown by their 25 post 4hour frenzies. Some won't be though, as they could sign up and wait the limit before posting.

Some forums have a post limit for newbies, like if you have below 10 posts you can only do 2 per day, or below 25 5 per day, etc. I think this would work better then the time req. as people aren't going to come back here every day to post a few crap posts. The main issue with this is people who really are posting get capped to.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Time should not be a factor. If people aren't posting regularly, they aren't actively participating. The only way you're gonna get comfortable with someone on the forum enough to buy or sell from them is if they post.

Yeah, but the real issues is the people that pump out XX crap posts and have XX required just encourages this.

Having a 1 month waiting period fixes the problem- you can't pump & dump and if they only have 25 posts, you can still get a feel for whether they're sincere.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2008
    amulford wrote: »
    How 'bout we just run 'em off like we always do???

right on....

How about we have a you posted a stupid rule idea so your banned........
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2008
    How about 100 posts and EVERYBODY gets to kick you in the nuts once? Or punch you in the back?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited April 2008
    How about 100 posts and EVERYBODY gets to kick you in the nuts once? Or punch you in the back?

If that includes "donkey punch", then I'm behind you 100 % !
    Sal Palooza
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    amulford wrote: »
    How 'bout we just run 'em off like we always do???

Too many Polkies want to jump on a "deal". I certainly don't want to hear it if they get burned. If you are a Polkie you should not buy from these guys. If you do you have just undone what the rules have been placed there for.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    I say don't change a thing, I enjoy the entertainment.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk